Best of Intentions
|"Best of Intentions"|
|Single by Travis Tritt|
|from the album Down the Road I Go|
|Released||June 26, 2000|
|Format||CD Single, Cassingle|
|Label||Columbia Nashville 12778|
|Producer(s)||Billy Joe Walker, Jr.
|Travis Tritt singles chronology|
"Best of Intentions" is a song written and recorded by American country music singer Travis Tritt. It was released in June 2000 as the first single from his album, Down the Road I Go. The song reached the top of the Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks chart and peaked at number 27 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 chart. It also became Tritt's first Number One single since 1994, and the last Number One hit of his career.
The song is a ballad in which the narrator talks about his best intentions which never materialized into the life he'd always planned to build for the woman he loves.
Deborah Evans Price, of Billboard magazine reviewed the song favorably saying that it is a "gorgeous ballad" and that "the song boasts a sweet melody and tender lyric." Price goes on to say that it is a "stirring anthem of devotion that will likely strike a chord with country listeners."
"Best of Intentions" debuted at number 62 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks for the week of July 1, 2000.
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||1|
|US Billboard Hot 100||27|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||40|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||48|
- Whitburn, Joel (2008). Hot Country Songs 1944 to 2008. Record Research, Inc. pp. 427–428. ISBN 0-89820-177-2.
- Billboard, July 1, 2000
- A Prison Break
- "Travis Tritt Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Travis Tritt.
- "Travis Tritt Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot 100 for Travis Tritt.
- "Best of 2000: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2000. Retrieved August 15, 2012.
- "Best of 2001: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2001. Retrieved August 14, 2012.
"The Little Girl"
by John Michael Montgomery
|Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks
November 18, 2000
"Just Another Day In Paradise"
by Phil Vassar