|Founded||Brande, Denmark, 1975|
|Founders||Troels Holch Povlsen|
|Headquarters||Brande, Jutland, Denmark|
|Number of locations||5,700 Retail Stores & 12,000 Wholesale Customers|
|Area served||Europe, the Middle East, India, China and Canada|
||This article may be in need of reorganization to comply with Wikipedia's layout guidelines. (April 2008)|
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2008)|
Bestseller A/S is a privately held family-owned clothing company based in Denmark. The company was founded in 1975 and has 11 brands. Today, Bestseller has well over 5,700 stores selling its product in more than 43 countries, which makes it one of the largest fashion companies in Europe.
The company was founded in 1975 by Troels Holch Povlsen in Brande, Denmark, originally its focus was on women's fashion. It introduced children's clothing in 1986 and menswear in 1988. Bestseller is family owned and the company employs more than 41,000 people.
Bestseller has a number of different, well-known brands under which it sells its clothing. The brands are listed below, and are sold both in the company's own stores and through independent retailers.
- Vero Moda - The company's basic brand of women's clothing. In 2007, the company hired the supermodel Gisele Bündchen to promote the brand in 2007-08.
- Pieces - Accessories.
- ONLY - Jeans / denim.
- Mamalicious - Maternity wear.
- VILA - For younger, fashion conscious women.
- Selected Femme - Sister brand to Selected Homme.
- Junarose - Plus size, chic and feminin fashion.
- Jack & Jones - more fashionable brand targeted at younger customers, with fashionable underwear and other clothing garments aimed at the young consumer market. In 2007, the company established a new label "JJ ECO" which is Fairtrade-certified, also sponsor of Danish Boxer, Mikkel Kessler.
- Selected Homme - more conservative brand including suits and shirts.
- Outfitters Nation
- Name It - Clothes for babies and children.
Bestseller has shops in most European countries, the Middle East, India, China and Canada (over 45 countries in total). Bestseller is one of the biggest European fashion companies in China with more than 1,200 shops and is said to be "one of the only foreign clothing companies successful at penetrating the middle price range Chinese consumer market". Shops sell either clothing of one single brand or of all brands of the company. There are more than 800 shops selling Vero Moda around the globe. The Jack & Jones brand is sold in approximately 2,000 retail shops, of which 270 are Jack & Jones franchises.
From 1998 to 2000, Bestseller A/S were co-sponsor for a professional road bicycle racing team, which had Jack & Jones as part of its name. Since the start of 2006, Bestseller has been a sponsor of the Danish Olympic team.
- BESTSELLER - NewFrontpage
- "Bestseller hires world's best paid supermodel Gisele Bündchen". Invest in Denmark. 2007-07-23. Retrieved 2008-06-12.
- Fashion, Jobs, UK, Vacancy, England, Fashion, Clothing, job, search
- EuroBiz Magazine - June 2006
- Vero Moda
- "Bestseller køber sig ind i tøj-succes". EPN.dk.