|Joint Stock Corporation|
|Industry||Online Gaming and Online Sportsbook|
|Founded||1999 in Wels (Austria), AG (2004)|
|Founder||Jochen Dickinger and Franz Ömer|
|Products||Sportsbook, Casino, Poker, Games, Greyhound race betting|
|Revenue||1,834.8 million euros (as of December 2013)|
Number of employees
|240 (as of December 2013)|
bet-at-home.com AG is a leading European online gambling and sports betting company that was founded in 1999 by Jochen Dickinger and Franz Ömer. bet-at-home.com transformed into a joint stock corporation in May 2004, in December of the same year was listed on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange. bet-at-home.com has offices located in Germany, Austria, Malta and Gibraltar. Through their Maltese companies, the company has been issued licenses for sports betting and casino. Additionally since 2011 bet-at-home.com has held the license to offer sports betting and casino issued by the Italian gaming authority AAMS. In 2012 the Ministry of the Interior for Schleswig Holstein issued the company a licence for providing and marketing sports betting and casino. Since 2009, bet-at-home.com AG is a member of the „BetClic Everest Group“, which is one of the leading French companies in the industry of online gaming and sports betting.
The product range includes sportsbook, casino, live casino, games and poker. The entire product range is currently available in 20 languages (as of December 2013). With now over 3,6 million registered users (as of December 2013), bet-at-home.com AG and its subsidiaries is considered to be a leading betting company in Europe, especially Eastern Europe and the German-speaking countries.
bet-at-home.com was founded in December 1999, in Wels Upper Austria, by Jochen Dickinger and Franz Ömer. In March 2000 www.bet-at-home.com went online. Initially the business focused its activities solely on online sports betting. Due to the rapid growth, the product portfolio could be continuously broadened. Two months after the website was launched, the Livescore service, www.livescore.cc, was launched and this led to the relaunch of the bet-at-home.com website in 2002. With the start of the new online casino in November 2005, the website was again redesigned. In the following year (2006), bet-at-home.com launched its poker platform. In 2008, the product range broadened with the Relaunch of a new online casino. A short while later, in June 2009, bet-at-home.com launched their new product line Games. Since September of the same year, live streaming and live betting have been offered for various sporting events. Founded in 1999 as a limited company, in May 2004 the capital investments increased and bet-at-home.com transformed into a joint stock corporation. In December of the same year, the corporation was listed on the stock exchange.
Further capital increases in subsequent years followed. Between 2006 and 2009 the corporation held a 60-percent share of Racebets GmbH. bet-at-home.com AG is a member of the „BetClic Everest Group“, which is one of the leading French companies in the industry of online gaming and sports betting and that acquired the majority vote in April 2009. bet-at-home.com AG’s shares are listed on the Stock Exchange in Frankfurt, Xetra. In 2012 there was a change from the Open Market to the Entry Standard of the Frankfurt Stock Exchange(as of December 2013). On the 31st of October 2012 co-founder Jochen Dickinger gave up his position as CEO and was succeeded by Michael Quatember. In August 2013 the new website went online; the second relaunch in the company’s history on the offers at www.bet-at-home.com. In December 2013 a mobile version of the site was launched.
bet-at-home.com AG is based in Düsseldorf and acts as the holding and is responsible for the listing of bet-at-home.com’s shares. The company holds 100% of bet-at-home.com Entertainment GmbH. The company’s Linz office is primarily responsible for the ongoing technology transfer within the company and the internally developed software. The activities in Malta are operated under bet-at-home.com Holding Ltd and its 100% owned subsidiaries hold the Maltese gaming licenses for casino, poker and sports betting, that have been issued by Lotteries & Gaming Authority (LGA).
Sportsbook is bet-at-home’s core business. Start of 2000, the company launched its first sportsbook offer on www.bet-at-home.com. Since then, the offer has continually expanded and now includes bets from more than 75 different types of sports. On average, there are approximately daily 23,000 bets available online daily (as of December 2013). bet-at-home.com does not limit itself to only traditional sports arts, such as football and tennis, but also offers a wide variety of bets for less common sport arts such as darts, futsal (indoor football) or cricket. The possibility to place bets on politics or special events broaden the betting range. This includes the US presidential elections or events such as the Oscars or the Euro Vision Song Contest.
In 2013, the gross profit of bet-at-home.com’s sportsbook was €42 million.
bet-at-home.com via one of its subsidiaries has a Maltese gaming license, that acquires them the right to operate an online casino. After the launch of their sportsbook product range, the second main product, the bet-at-home.com casino was launched in 2005. It offers casino classics such as roulette or blackjack but also slot machines and casino tournaments.
In 2013, bet-at-home.com’s Casino sector had a gross profit of €37.6 million.
Online poker is a multiplayer game where poker players play live against each other at virtual poker tables. bet-at-home.com AG operates with one of the world’s biggest online poker networks due to one of its subsidiaries. The players can choose Texas Hold’em, Seven Card Stud, Five Card Stud, Five Card Draw, Five Card Draw 7-A, Omaha High, Omaha Hi/Lo and Soko. For each version fixed-limit, pot limit and no-limit tables are available.
In 2013, bet-at-home.com’s Poker had a gross profit of €1.4 million.
‘Games’ was launched on the www.bet-at-home.com website in 2009 and is considered as the product group with the highest innovation and growth potential. The products range from table and card games, slot machines to high-low, virtual sports, lottery games and Keno.
bet-at-home.com sponsors various sports clubs and associations, as well as, numerous sporting events.
In football, the company is currently (as of April 2014) a sponsor of both German and Austrian Clubs. In the Bundesliga, bet-at-home.com is currently involved in a partnership with FC Schalke 04. Austrian sponsoring partnerships include FK Austria Wien and SV Ried. In addition to that, the bookmaker also supported German clubs Borussia Mönchengladbach and FC St. Pauli during the 2011/12 and 2012/13 seasons. The online betting provider was also the sponsor of FC Blau Weiß Linz from 2009 to 2013. In 2006/07, the corporation was also the main sponsor of the former second division club SCS bet-at-home.com in Schwanenstadt and the Polish first division club Wisła Krakau. In addition bet-at-home.com was also the main sponsor of RCD Mallorca in the Spanish Primera División in the 2010/11 and 2011/12 seasons.
The bookmaker is also present on tournament level, for example, in 2009 and 2010 bet-at-home.com sponsored a prestigious preparatory tournament in London, the Emirates Cup. The company had LED and fixed banners in the Europa League, the qualifications for the UEFA Champions League and selected international matches for the EURO 2012 qualifications as well as the 2014 World Cup. There was a partnership with the Bulgarian Football Federation between 2008 and 2009.
bet-at-home.com is an ongoing sponsor of tennis tournaments in the ATP World Tour and the WTA Tour. Also in the 2014 season the company was more present at events. For the fourth consecutive year, bet-at-home.com was the main and title sponsor for the bet-at-home Open in Hamburg, and the bet-at-home Cup Kitzbühel. Since 2006, the corporation is sponsor of the WTA tournament in Linz. As of April 2014, there are also co-operations with various national tennis associations, such as the Bavarian regional association and all Austrian regional associations.
bet-at-home.com is also represented as a sponsor in handball. As an official sponsor of the EHF Champions League, the 2009 Handball World Championship and the Handball EURO 2010 the corporation was able to find strong barrings in the field of handball. bet-at-home.com was also an official partner of the World Handball 2012 in Serbia. In addition to the German Bundesliga club SG Flensburg Handewitt there was also a cooperation with the Hungarian team MKB Veszprém. The top Spanish Division the ASOBAL League, has long been considered among the partners of the company. On the International level, the bookmaker sponsored the Romanian and the Czech Handball Federation.
In ice hockey, bet-at-home.com is a sponsor of the EHC Black Wings Linz The company also sponsored the Czech team HC Pilsen for the 2011/12 season and for the 2013/14 season the German club Kölner Haie. On an international level, bet-at-home.com was main partner of the 2011 IIHF World Championships.
Ski jumping plays an important role in sponsoring. In 2007/08, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2013/14 bet-at-home.com was the official sponsor of the Four Hills Tournament. Furthermore during the 2011/12 season, bet-at-home.com was for the second consecutive time the official sponsor of the FIS Team Tour in Germany. In addition, the betting provider was an official partner of the three World Cup competitions in Harrachov (Czech Republic). Additionally, the company was the official partner of the Bulgarian National Ski Jumping Team. Also on competition level the online bookmaker was present at the Nordic skiing as a cooperation partner – also at the 2009 World Championship in Liberec, and also in Val di Fiemme in 2013.
- "Products - bet-at-home.com", retrieved 2013-05-22.
- "Fees and taxes impair bet-at-home.com annual results", retrieved 2013-03-06.
- "bet-at-home.com AG Group: company figures for 2013 (1.1. to 31.12.2013)", retrieved 2014-03-03.
- bet-at-home.com. bet-at-home.com is granted licence in Italy. 2012, page 1. 
- "Schleswig-Holstein: Casino-Lizenz für bet-at-home", retrieved 2013-01-02.
- bet-at-home.com. bet-at-home.com receives online casino licence in Schleswig-Holstein. 2012, page 1. 
- "Bwin, Bet365, Tipico, BetAtHome licenced in Schleswig-Holstein", retrieved 2012-05-23.
- bet-at-home.com. bet-at-home.com receives sports betting licence in Schleswig-Holstein. 2012, page 1. 
- "BetClic Everest Group", retrieved 2011-07-12.
- "bet-at-home.com AG Konzern Geschäftszahlen 2013", retrieved 2014-03-04.
- Holger, Steffen. Performaxx Research GmbH. Research-Studie bet-at-home.com AG. 2011, page 1-13. 
- Leonhard, Bayer. P Hauck & Aufhäuser Insitutional Research AG. 2014, page 1.
- "bet-at-home.com plant Börsengang in Wien", retrieved 2011-11-21.
- "Significant Events and Milestones in the History of bet-at-home.com", retrieved 2011-07-11.
- "bet-at-home.com AG: Further focus on Frankfurt – Pullback from Vienna Stock Exchange", retrieved 2014-06-11.
- "bet-at-home zieht sich von Wiener Börse zurück", retrieved 2014-06-11.
- "bet-at-home.com AG shares", retrieved 2011-11-21.
- "bet-at-home.com AG shares", retrieved 2011-11-23.
- „bet-at-home.com AG: bet-at.home.com AG Wechsel in den Entry Standard der Börse Frankfurt" retrieved 2012-12-11.
- bet-at-home.com. bet-at-home.com AG: Change on the Board of Directors at bet-at-home.com. 2012, page 1.
- "Relaunch 2013", retrieved 2013-08-12.
- "bet-at-home.com Mobile: Ab sofort auf Smartphone und Tablet", retrieved 2013-12-03.
- Holger, Steffen. Performaxx Research GmbH. Research-Studie bet-at-home.com AG. 2011, page 1-13. 
- "Products - bet-at-home.com", retrieved 2011-09-07.
- "Company presentation 2013", retrieved 2014-04-18.
- "Products – bet-at-home.com", retrieved 2012-04-04.
- "Sponsoring", retrieved 2012-03-07.
- Eberhardt, Henning. SPONSORs. Bet-at-home verdoppelt Millionen-Deal mit S04. 2013, page 1.
- "FC Schalke 04", retrieved 2011-11-23.
- "FC Schalke 04", retrieved 2012-06-29.
- "FK Austria Wien", retrieved 2013-12-12.
- "SV Ried", retrieved 2013-12-04.
- "SV Ried", retrieved 2011-08-25.
- "Borussia Mönchengladbach", retrieved 2012-01-20.
- "Borussia Mönchengladbach", retrieved 2012-02-15.
- Eberhardt, Henning. SPONSORs. Bet-at-home sponsert Zweitligisten. 2011, page 1.
- "FC St. Pauli", retrieved 2011-12-22.
- "FC St. Pauli", retrieved 2012-07-27.
- "FC Blau-Weiß Linz", retrieved 2011-11-23.
- "FC Blau-Weiß Linz", retrieved 2012-03-09.
- "Wisła Krakau", retrieved 2011-11-21.
- "RCD Mallorca", retrieved 2011-08-25.
- Exley, Andy. Official Emirates Cup 2009 match program - Life is a game! A word from our tournament partners bet-at-home.com. 2009, page 11.
- „Qualifikation WM 2014", retrieved 2012-05-08.
- "Bulgarian Football Federation", retrieved 2011-08-25.
- "bet-at-home Open Hamburg 2014", retrieved 2013-12-04.
- "bet-at-home Open Hamburg", retrieved 2012-12-13.
- "bet-at-home Open Hamburg", retrieved 2012-01-24.
- "bet-at-home Open Hamburg", retrieved 2011-11-21.
- Reister, Benjamin. Hamburger Rothenbaum findet Titelsponsor. 2011, page 1.
- "bet-at-home Cup Kitzbühel 2014", retrieved 2013-12-04.
- "bet-at-home Cup Kitzbühel 2013", retrieved 2013-01-20.
- "WTA tournament Linz", retrieved 2012-02-20.
- bet-at-home.com. Spannende Matches und hochkarätige Wetten erneut garantiert: bet-at-home.com unterstützt zum sechsten Mal in Folge das „Generali Ladies Linz“. 2011, page 1.
- "WTA tournament Linz 2012", retrieved 2012-09-23.
- "EHF Champions League", retrieved 2013-12-05.
- Oedinger, Florian. SPONSORs. Bet-at-home wird Sponsor der EHF Champions League. 2009, page 1.
- "EHF Champions League", retrieved 2011-11-21.
- "2009 Handball World Championship", retrieved 2011-11-22.
- "Handball EURO 2010", retrieved 2011-11-22.
- "Handball EURO 2010", retrieved 2011-11-22.
- "Handball EURO 2012", retrieved 2013-12-05.
- "Handball EURO 2012", retrieved 2012-01-20.
- "Flensburg loses main sponsor", retrieved 2014-09-01.
- Kuske, Tobias. SPONSORs. Bet-at-home ändert Handball-Engagement. 2012, page 1.
- Stelmaszyk, Lukas; Kolton, Maike. SPONSORs. Sportwettanbieter schnappt sich nächsten HBL-Club. 2010, page 1.
- "Liga ASOBAL", retrieved 2011-08-16.
- "Black Wings Linz", retrieved 2011-08-23.
- bet-at-home.com. Hit, goal, victory! More than a three year mutual path in the fight for championship points. 2011, page 1.
- "Kölner Haie", retrieved 2013-09-16.
- "2011 IIHF World Championships", retrieved 2011-11-21.
- Rehm, Holger; Eberhardt, Henning. SPONSORs. Wettanbieter wird Sponsor der Eishockey-WM. 2011, page 1.
- "Four Hills Tournament", retrieved 2011-08-17.
- bet-at-home.com. Annual report 2008, Four Hills Tournament. 2008, page 4. 
- Rehm, Holger. SPONSORs. Wettanbieter wird Sponsor der Vierschanzentournee. 2011, page 1.
- "Four Hills Tournament 2012/2013", retrieved 2012-09-17.
- "Four Hills Tournament 2013/2014", retrieved 2013-12-05.
- Rehm, Holger. SPONSORs. FIS Team-Tour 2012 wohl ohne Titelsponsor. 2012, page 1.
- "FIS-Team-Tour ", retrieved 2012-02-20.
- bet-at-home.com. Annual report 2010, FIS Team Tour 2011. 2010, page 2
- "Harrachov", retrieved 2012-01-29.
- bet-at-home.com. Annual report 2010, Harrachov. 2010, page 2
- "Nordische Ski-WM in Liberec 2009", retrieved 2013-01-09.
- bet-at-home.com: Annual Report 2013 ()
- bet-at-home.com: Annual Report 2012 ()
- bet-at-home.com: Annual Report 2011 ()