|Judge of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida|
June 25, 2014
|Appointed by||Barack Obama|
|Preceded by||Donald Graham|
|Born||1962 (age 52–53)
New York City, New York, U.S.
|Residence||Miami Beach, Florida, U.S.|
|Alma mater||Broward College
University of Florida
University of Miami
Beth Bloom (born 1962) is a United States District Judge of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida and former Florida Circuit Court Judge.
Bloom received an Associate of Arts degree in 1982 from Broward Community College. She received a Bachelor of Science degree in 1984 from the University of Florida. She received a Juris Doctorate in 1988 from the University of Miami School of Law. From 1988 to 1995, she served at the law firm of Floyd, Pearson, Richman, Greer, Weil, Brumbaugh & Russomanno, P.A., where she handled a broad range of civil litigation. From 1992 to 1993, she served as a Traffic Magistrate Judge concurrently with her private practice. From 1995 to 2010, she was a County Judge in Miami-Dade County within the Eleventh Judicial Circuit and served as an Associate Administrative Judge of the Criminal Division in 2010. Since 2010, she has served as a Circuit Court Judge in the Eleventh Judicial Circuit.
Federal judicial service
On February 6, 2014, President Obama nominated Bloom to serve as a United States District Judge of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida, to the seat vacated by Judge Donald L. Graham, who took senior status on December 15, 2013. She received a hearing before the United States Senate Judiciary Committee on April 1, 2014.
On June 19, 2014 Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid filed a motion to invoke cloture on the nomination. On June 23, 2014 the U.S. Senate voted 53-31 on the motion to invoke cloture. On Tuesday June 24, 2014 the U.S. Senate voted 95-0 in favor of final confirmation. She received her judicial commission on June 25, 2014.
- "President Obama Announces Intent to Nominate Four to Serve on the United States District Courts" White House, February 5, 2014
- "Presidential Nominations Sent to the Senate" White House, February 6, 2014
- "Nominations". United States Senate. Committee on the Judiciary. 1 April 2014.
- "Executive Business Meeting" (PDF). United States Senate. Committee on the Judiciary. 8 May 2014.
- "U.S. Senate Roll Call Votes 113th Congress - 2nd Session". Vote Summary: Vote Number 204. United States Senate. 23 June 2014.
- "U.S. Senate Roll Call Votes 113th Congress - 2nd Session". Vote Summary: Vote Number 208. United States Senate. Retrieved 24 June 2014.
- "Biographical Directory of Federal Judges". Federal Judicial Center.
- Beth Francine Bloom at the Biographical Directory of Federal Judges, a public domain publication of the Federal Judicial Center.
|Judge of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida