||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2012)|
|Born||Wanda Elizabeth Green
June 16, 1957
Green Bay, Wisconsin
|Other names||Dr. Beth Moore|
B.A. Southwest Texas State University (political science)
|Occupation||Evangelist, author, Bible Teacher|
|Home town||Arkadelphia, Arkansas|
|Title||Founder, Living Proof Ministries|
|Spouse(s)||Keith Moore (m. 1978–present)|
Wanda Elizabeth "Beth" Moore (born Wanda Elizabeth Green on June 16, 1957) is an American evangelist, author, and Bible teacher. She is the founder of Living Proof Ministries, a Bible-based organization for women based in Houston, Texas. The ministry focuses on aiding women who desire to model their lives on evangelical Christian principles.
The ministry, in conjunction with LifeWay Christian Resources, conducts more than a dozen conferences, known as "Living Proof Live", around the United States annually. Travis Cottrell leads worship at the conferences. From 2007 to 2011, Moore, Kay Arthur, and Priscilla Shirer, collaborated on another LifeWay weekend conference, "Deeper Still: The Event". Moore also teaches through her radio show, Living Proof with Beth Moore, and appears as a regular on the television program LIFE Today, where she hosts "Wednesdays in the Word".(formally known as "Wednesdays with Beth").
Additionally, Moore writes books and produces video resources based on the Bible studies that she conducts at the Living Proof Live conferences and at Houston's First Baptist Church. She currently attends Bayou City Fellowship, Houston, Texas, where her son-in-law, Curtis Jones, is lead pastor.
Born on an army base in Green Bay, Wisconsin, and raised in Arkadelphia, Arkansas, where her father owned a cinema house, Moore is the fourth of five children, all of whom worked at the cinema from a young age.
Moore holds a degree in political science from Southwest Texas State University, where she pledged and was initiated into Chi Omega, and an honorary doctorate of humanities from Howard Payne University.
Moore committed her life to vocational Christian ministry at the age of 18. When she was volunteering as a Sunday school teacher, Moore realized she needed to learn more about the Bible. She went to a biblical doctrine class that gave her a deep yearning to know the Bible, and she began sharing her expanding knowledge through a weekly Bible study class. By the mid-1990s that class had grown to 2,000 women, and she was speaking at churches throughout South Texas. It was then that LifeWay Christian Resources' publishing arm Broadman & Holman (later B&H) began publishing her Bible studies, leading to a national speaking ministry for Moore. With the help of a worship band she assembled, she began holding weekend conferences around the country. As a base for her national speaking ministry, she founded Living Proof Ministries.
In 2008, she held a simulcast of her "Living Proof Live" that is estimated to have been watched by 70,000 people at 715 locations. The sales of her book about Esther were credited as part of what made a "strong" quarter for Lifeway Christian Stores during the height of the Great Recession
- When Godly People Do Ungodly Things - book (2002), ISBN 978-0805424652
- Believing God - book (2004), ISBN 978-0805431896
- Who Will You Trust? - audio/video series (2007)
- Get Out Of That Pit - book (2007), ISBN 978-1-59145-552-3
- Songs of Deliverance - CD (2006)
- Fully Alive: Audio/video series with Beth Moore, James and Betty Robison (2006)
- So Long Insecurity: You've been a bad friend to us - book (2010), ISBN 978-1-4143-3472-1
- To Live is Christ: The Life & Ministry of Paul (1997)
- Living Beyond Yourself: Exploring the Fruit of the Spirit (1998)
- Breaking Free (1999)
- Jesus: The One and Only (2002), ISBN 0-8054-2489-X
- When Godly People Do Ungodly Things: Arming Yourself in the Age of Seduction (2002), ISBN 0-8054-2465-2
- The Beloved Disciple: Following John to the Heart of Jesus (2003), ISBN 0-8054-2753-8
- Believing God (2004), ISBN 0-8054-3189-6
- The Patriarchs: Encountering the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob (2005), ISBN 0-633-09906-6
- Daniel: Lives of Integrity, words of prophecy (2006), ISBN 978-1-4158-2588-4
- A Woman's Heart: God's Dwelling Place (2007)
- Stepping Up: Psalms of Ascent (2007)
- Esther: It's Tough Being a Woman (2008), ISBN 1-4158-5289-8
- "James: Mercy Triumphs" (2011)
- Loving Well
- "Here and Now - There and Then" (Study of Revelation)
- "Children of the Day" (Study of 1 & 2 Thessalonians)
- "Official bio from Living Proof Ministries". Lproof.org. Retrieved 2012-07-12.
- "Going Beyond Ministries". Goingbeyond.com. Retrieved 2012-07-12.
- "Houston, TX". Bayou City Fellowship. Retrieved 2012-07-12.
- "“Beth Moore: Bible teacher and author”". Christianity Today. Retrieved 2012-07-12.
- "Living Proof Ministries". Lproof.org. Retrieved 2012-07-12.
- Christianity Today: “Breaking Free: How Beth Moore became America's most exciting Bible teacher”[dead link]
- Beth Moore simulcast reaches 70,000
- Rob Phillips TRUSTEES: Christian publisher LifeWay doing 'remarkably well,' trustees told Baptist Press News. Feb 11, 2009
- Why Women Want Moore | Christianity Today
- Beth Moore event at Van Andel Arena draws crowd of 7,300 | MLive.com
- Beth Moore wants women to live with dignity - Houston Chronicle
- Beth Moore Preaches to a sold-out PCCC Friday Night. State Journal-Register.