Bethel Township, Miami County, Ohio
|Bethel Township, Miami County, Ohio|
A historic farm in the township
|• Total||34.8 sq mi (90.0 km2)|
|• Land||34.6 sq mi (89.7 km2)|
|• Water||0.1 sq mi (0.3 km2)|
|Elevation||997 ft (304 m)|
|• Density||142.3/sq mi (54.9/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086634|
Located in the southeastern corner of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Elizabeth Township - north
- Pike Township, Clark County - northeast
- Bethel Township, Clark County - east
- Huber Heights - south
- Vandalia - southwest
- Monroe Township - west
- Staunton Township - northwest
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees. The trustees also elect a township administrator.
As of 2012, the trustees were Jerome Hirt, Beth van Haaren, and Cliff Wray, the fiscal officer was Deborah Watson, and the acting township administrator was Andy Ehrhart.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Miami County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.
- Board of Trustees of Bethel Township, Miami County, Miami County, 2008. Accessed 2009-01-17.
- New Page 0 Bethel Township Historical Society, 2005. Accessed 2007-05-29