Frankel in April 2009
November 4, 1970 |
New York City, New York, United States
|Education||Pine Crest School|
|Alma mater||New York University|
|Occupation||Reality television personality, talk show host, author, entrepreneur|
|Known for||The Real Housewives of New York City|
|Spouse(s)||Peter Sussman (1996–1997)
Jason Hoppy (m. 2010)
|Children||Bryn Hoppy (daughter)|
|Parent(s)||Robert J. Frankel
Bethenny Frankel (born November 4, 1970) is an American reality television personality, talk show host, author, and entrepreneur. She founded Skinnygirl Cocktails, authored four self-help books and hosted the talk show, Bethenny. Frankel has appeared on The Apprentice: Martha Stewart, The Real Housewives of New York City and was the subject of the reality television series Bethenny Ever After.
Frankel is the only child of horse trainer Robert J. Frankel and Bernadette Birk. Her father was Jewish and her mother was a Roman Catholic of Welsh descent who converted to Judaism when the couple married. Her father left her mother when Frankel was four years old and when she was five, her mother married another horse trainer, John Parisella. She describes her childhood as difficult. Her biological father stopped supporting the family and her mother, Frankel says, "was always drinking" and often argued violently with her stepfather.
Frankel said she moved many times and attended multiple schools before going to boarding school. Frankel graduated in 1988 from the Pine Crest School in Fort Lauderdale, Florida where she lived on campus. She attended the National Gourmet Institute for Healthy and Culinary Arts in New York City, and New York University.
Bethenny worked as a production assistant on the set of Saved by the Bell.
In 2005, Frankel was a contestant on The Apprentice: Martha Stewart, a reality competition series, and was one of two finalists. In 2008, Frankel was selected for the reality TV series The Real Housewives of New York City. In June 2010, Frankel starred in the Bravo reality TV show Bethenny Getting Married?, which documented her engagement, marriage and the birth of their daughter. At the time of its premiere, the series was the highest rated of any series in Bravo's history. In September 2010, Frankel announced, that for personal reasons, she would not be returning to The Real Housewives of New York City for its fourth season. However, following months of speculation, it was confirmed on October 20th, 2014 that Bethenny would return to the cast for the seventh season of the show as a main housewife after three seasons absent.
In March 2009, Frankel's book, Naturally Thin: Unleash Your SkinnyGirl and Free Yourself from a Lifetime of Dieting, was published and The SkinnyGirl Dish: Easy Recipes for Your Naturally Thin Life, was published in December. She created an exercise DVD, Body by Bethenny, in spring 2010 and an audio book, The Skinnygirl Rules, which summarized her two prior books. In 2011, Frankel published, A Place of Yes: 10 Rules for Getting Everything You Want Out of Life and in December 2012, published the novel Skinnydipping.
Discussion of Frankel as a host for a talk show were initiated in 2011 and revived in 2012. The Bethenny show premiered on September 9, 2013 and was canceled on February 14, 2014. Fox network continued to air repeats of the show in its time slot until September 2014.
Frankel married entertainment industry executive Peter Sussman in 1996 and divorced him in 1997. She married businessman Jason Hoppy in 2010 and gave birth to a daughter the same year. Frankel separated from Hoppy in December 2012 and filed for divorce in January 2013. A custody agreement was finalized in June 2014, but property division negotiations are still ongoing.
Movie and Television history
|1993||Soiree Sans Hors D'oeuvres||Woman||Minor role|
|1994||Hollywood Hills 90028||Laura Drake||Lead Role|
|1995||Wish Me Luck|
|2005||The Apprentice: Martha Stewart||Herself||13 episodes, runner-up, came in 2nd place.|
|2008–10, 2015–||The Real Housewives of New York City||42 episodes, left before Season 4 aired. Returned for season 7|
|2009–13||The Wendy Williams Show||Various episodes, celebrity guest|
|2009||Z Rock||1 episode, "I Wanna Be Z-dated" as Joey's love interest/Chief|
|2010||Bethenny Getting Married?|
|2010–12||Chelsea Lately||Various episodes, celebrity guest|
|2010||Skating with the Stars||6 episodes, runner-up, came in 2nd place.|
|2010–13||The Ellen DeGeneres Show||Various episodes, celebrity guest|
|2011–12||Bethenny Ever After||Herself|
|2013||The Neighbors||Jill||1 episode, "Mo Purses Mo Money Mo Problems"|
- Naturally Thin: Unleash Your SkinnyGirl and Free Yourself from a Lifetime of Dieting (ISBN 1-41659-798-0, 2009)
- The Skinnygirl Dish: Easy Recipes for Your Naturally Thin Life (ISBN 1-41659-799-9, 2009)
- Body by Bethenny: Body-sculpting Workouts to Unleash Your SkinnyGirl (ISBN 978-1-59828-440-9, 2010)
- Skinny Dipping (ISBN 9781451667387, 2012)
- A Place of Yes: 10 Rules for Getting Everything You Want Out of Life (ISBN 1439186901, 2011)
- "Bethenny Frankel - Biography". People Magazine. Retrieved February 15, 2014.
- McNeil, Liz (July 19, 2010). "Bethenny Frankel: Love Saved My Life". People Magazine. Retrieved 15 February 2014.
- New York Daily News: "'Real Housewives of New York City' star Bethenny Frankel and husband Jason Hoppy separating" By Bill Hutchinson December 23, 2012
- Video Interview on BravoTV: "After Show: All About Baby – Part V: Bethenny talks about her religious background and the most important thing Baby Bryn has taught her" Retrieved July 4, 2012 "My father was Jewish. The story goes – because you know I am not that close to my family, I am not there for the real history lessons – He married my mother and she converted to Judaism for him. She was Catholic but then she was with my stepfather for all those years. I went to Catholic school and I know more about that.",
- Bethenny Frankel (March 22, 2011). A Place of Yes: 10 Rules for Getting Everything You Want Out of Life. p. 56. ISBN 9781439186923.
My mother had gone of to Wales for several months...her family is from Wales - very poor people who lived in shacks and raised pigeons
- Bethenny Ever After Season 2 Episode 4 - It's My Baptism and I'll Cry if I Want To 1/4. 6:45: YouTube.
I went to Catholic school because my stepfather was Catholic
- Pinecrest Alumni newsletter Retrieved July 12, 2012
- South Florida Sun-Sentinel: "Bethenny Frankel comes to South Beach this weekend" By John Tanasychuk February 20, 2012
- New York University
- "Bethenny Frankel Shares Photo From 'Saved By The Bell' Set". Huffingtonpost.com. June 26, 2012. Retrieved February 9, 2013.
- Bethenny Frankel: A Reality Star One Year Later Jack Myers Media Village
- Martha Stewart selects Dawna Stone as her 'The Apprentice' winner Reality TV World
- Huguenin, Patrick (January 14, 2008). "Bravo spinoff 'Real Housewives of New York City' debuts in March". Daily News (New York).
- "Ratings: Bethenny Getting Married? the Most-Watched Series Debut in Bravo History". TVGuide.com.
- "Bethenny Frankel Leaving Real Housewives of New York City?". National Ledger. June 20, 2010. Retrieved June 24, 2010.
- "Bethenny Frankel: I'm Leaving 'The Real Housewives of New York City'". CBS News. September 2, 2010. Retrieved November 27, 2010.
- "Bethenny Frankel's Tips on Staying Slim, Sexy, and Fabulous".
- Unknown Author Skinnydipping World Cat, accessed December 18, 2012
- "Forbes Magazine Looking Into Bethenny Frankel's Financials". Huffington Post (New York). October 13, 2011.
- "Bethenny Frankel on Skinnygirl Sale". Today Show – MSNBC (New York). October 17, 2011.
- Harnick, Chris (November 28, 2011). "Bethenny Frankel's Talk Show Fails to Find Syndicated Home". The Huffington Post.
- Albiniak, Paige (January 24, 2012). "Bethenny to Air in Summer Test on Fox". Broadcasting & Cable.
- Downey, Kevin (July 6, 2012). "Fox Stations Set To Give OK To Bethenny". TVNewsCheck.
- Bibel, Sara (May 3, 2013). "'Bethenny', Bethenny Frankel's Talk Show, to Premiere in National Syndication September 9". TV by the Numbers.
- Bethenny Frankel's Talk Show Has Been Canceled - TV News, Bethenny Frankel : People.com
- Hall, Katy (December 15, 2009). "Bethenny Frankel: Nude For PETA". The Huffington Post. Retrieved January 29, 2010.
- Unknown Author Bethany Frankel People, accessed December 24, 2012
- Bethenny Frankel reveals secret first marriage to Peter Sussman. BY Cristina Everett, DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER, Wednesday, June 9, 2010
- "Bethenny Frankel in Size-4 Bikini 3 Weeks After Baby! Go Bethenny!". UsMagazine.com.
- Fran Carpentier (July 12, 2010). "Parade Magazine interview with Bethenny Frankel: "Bethenny Frankel: 'My Mother Hasn't Expressed Any Interest in Meeting Bryn'"".
- Billups, Andrea and McNeil, Liz (December 23, 2012) Bethenny Frankel & Jason Hoppy Split Up People, accessed Dec 24, 2012
- "Bethenny Frankel Divorcing Jason Hoppy". People. January 5, 2013.
- "Bethenny Frankel and Jason Hoppy's Custody Case Settled". People Magazine. 4 June 2014. Retrieved 10 June 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bethenny Frankel.|