|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Postal Index Number||453001|
Betma is an old town of Malwa region. As per the records, a memento in form of Tamra patra (Copper Plate) is presented to Raja Bhoja in Year 1020-1056, by the people of Betma. It is believed that Sikh Guru Nanak Dev, during his second Udasi, stayed in Betma for six months.In The age of mughal era Betma was a paragna of Qanungoh(kanungo) hakh Dastoor 26 village under this paragna.Thakur Dungar singh nigam who was the appointed Betma paragna jagirdar and get the sanad & title of kanungo by the akbar's court ujjain sarkar.by caste he was a kastariya kayastha .The family traced from Thakur Ganrajdas he was the diwan of rana udaipur prithviraj singh in between 1500 to 1600 century .in holkers time holkers change the revenue policy and holkers appointed to madhorao bhag for Betma local revenue collection. After some years a chouhan rajput appointed revenue agent (ugai thekedar) by the agent of holkars bagh mansabdar and pargna kanungo of Betma they were decentliy enjoyed their work in campany raj and British India also..
The meaning of Betma is bet= baith (sit), ma=Mother (बैठमा) जो धीरे-धीरे बोलने मैं समय कस साथ- साथ बेटमा हो गया है. . (महेंद्र सिंह गेहलोत, इंदौर रोड बेटमा द्वारा)
Primary and secondary education in Betma is offered by various schools which are affiliated to either Madhya Pradesh Board of Secondary Education or CBSE.
Betma is located at  It has an average elevation of 541 metres (1774 feet)..
Places of interest
(1) Betma Sahib Gurudwara is of historical significance for Sikhs. It is believed that Guru Nanak Dev Ji visited this place.
(2) "Aman Chaman Mata" mandir is also is a historical significance of Hindu devotees. All religions worship here. It is main center of betma nagar, here people celebrated a huge dushera festival in all over mp.
(3) "Saeyad Sarkar" a Sufi Saint and Spiritual guru resides in village Daulta Bad 10 km away on Depalpur road from Betma. People of different religion from all parts of India visit him to gain spiritual knowledge and blessings.
(4) "Isa Ji Shaheed " is a historical significance of Dawoodi Bohra's . Peoples of other religions also worship there to gain the blessings of "Isa Ji Shaheed ". "Dargah e Isa Ji Shaheed" is situated in Lakhera Bakhal in Betma.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Betma
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.