|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Postal Index Number||453001|
Betma is an old town of Malwa region. As per the records, a memento in form of Tamra patra (Copper Plate) is presented to Raja Bhoja in Year 1020-1056, by the people of Betma. It is believed that Sikh Guru Nanak Dev, during his second Udasi, stayed in Betma for six months.In The age of mughal era betma was holded by local kanoongo's jagirdars in holkers time and company raj also..
The meaning of Betma is bet= baith (sit), ma=Mother (बैठमा) जो धीरे-धीरे बोलने मैं समय कस साथ- साथ बेटमा हो गया है. . (महेंद्र सिंह गेहलोत, इंदौर रोड बेटमा द्वारा)
Primary and secondary education in Betma is offered by various schools which are affiliated to either Madhya Pradesh Board of Secondary Education or CBSE.
Betma is located at  It has an average elevation of 541 metres (1774 feet)..
Places of interest
(1) Betma Sahib Gurudwara is of historical significance for Sikhs. It is believed that Guru Nanak Dev Ji visited this place.
(2) "Aman Chama Mata" mandir is also is a historical significance of Hindu devotees. All religions worship here. It is main center of betma nagar, here people celebrated a huge dushera festival in all over mp.
(3) "Saeyad Sarkar" a Sufi Saint and Spiritual guru resides in village Daulta Bad 10 km away on Depalpur road from Betma. People of different religion from all parts of India visit him to gain spiritual knowledge and blessings.
(4) "Isa Ji Shaheed " is a historical significance of Dawoodi Bohra's . Peoples of other religions also worship there to gain the blessings of "Isa Ji Shaheed ". "Dargah e Isa Ji Shaheed" is situated in Lakhera Bakhal in Betma.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Betma
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
|This article related to a location in Madhya Pradesh is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|