Beto Carrero World
|Location||Penha, Santa Catarina, Brazil|
|Operating season||All year|
|Total||more than 100 approximately|
Beto Carrero World is the largest theme park and multi-theme park in Latin America, located in the municipality of Penha, Santa Catarina state, in Brazil. The park is a venture of the late Beto Carrero. The inauguration took place in 1991 and Beto Carrero World is the largest theme park in the Southern Hemisphere and Latin America.
The park has a total area of 14 square kilometres (5.4 sq mi), which ranks as the largest amusement park in Brazil, beating other famous parks in the country, like Hopi Hari (0.76 km²) and Playcenter (0.09 km²). The park has three major segments:
Joao Batista Sergio Murad, artistically known as Beto Carrero, was born in São José do Rio Preto within São Paulo. Raised poor, helping his father in the treatment and handling of animals on large farms. From childhood, he went in search of their dreams accumulated experience in various professional fields. It was radio advertising, businessman and farmer, and exercised even before his death some of these activities. But it was the heroes of the poor children, in the interior of São Paulo Sérgio Murad John the Baptist drew inspiration for the creation of cowboy Beto Carrero, which later would be the main theme of his biggest dream - the construction of theme parks.
Through countless trips abroad, research and recruitment of qualified professionals, the empire from Beto Carrero eventually become the biggest entertainment center of the Latin America and the fifth largest in the world.
Since the start of construction of the park from many studies in various states of southern, Bob chose the city of Penha in Santa Catarina due to its natural beauty, proximity to tourist facilities in the region and availability of human resources. With this, Beto Carrero World won the title of most important tourist resort of Santa Catarina and primarily responsible for the substantial increase in the flow of tourists in the state.
Beto Carrero World is located on the coast north of Santa Catarina. It is 35 km from Camboriú, 60 from Blumenau, 66 Joinville, and a few kilometers from the Navegantes Airport, the park is equidistant from towns that offer shopping tourism, ethnic celebrations, food, and many beaches.
The park is divided into seven distinct areas, with its unique features ranging from toys, shows, and even complete themes of regions:
The front door of the Beto Carrero World, has several major attractions and areas of service and food.
- Castle of Nations: with 10.444 square meters is the largest building of the park, and inside there are the box office, the new railway to the "Wild Adventure", numerous shops and cafes, as well as restrooms and lockers.
- Carousel: Classic toy amusement parks.
- Baby Elephant: children's toy that has elephants up and down, an allusion to the film Dumbo
- Pedal: a beautiful and romantic stroll by the lake next to the Pirate Island, with the Class of paddleboats Betinho Carrero.
- Mademotion: a film with motion simulator.
- Palace Of Ice Cream: as the name implies, is a house of ice cream, all themed with pictures that resemble these.
- Food Court: one of the largest structures in the park, whose center is one of the finest rides in the venture,Venetian Carousel, lit with 1,800 lights and two floors.
- Events Square: central location of the park, which hosts major events
- Ferris Wheel: another toy essential in any park, turn their strollers and have format cowboy hat.
- Cable Car: gondolas 30 meters high, where you have full view of the park.
- Blum!: Show where a shipwreck is simulated and several artists make an incredible presentation on the seabed, alternating their skills in acrobatics, juggling and dance, framed by a fascinating play of light and sound track.
- Raskapuska: 15 boats navigate through a huge mountain, full of enchanting sceneries with hundreds of children's literature characters, packed with a catchy tune and special effects.
- Super Car: attraction where visitors can take a ride on cars such as Ferrari, Lamborghini, among other brands.
- Helicopter Ride: offers wonderful views of the region of Penha and the park.
Area of the park where activities are concentrated as a zoo, with hundreds of animals, distributed in various species.
- Zoo: it has hundreds of animals such as tigers, jaguars, bears, lions, giraffes, elephants, among others. It was recently renovated to improve the habitats of species as well as guests viewing.
- Island of the Monkeys: a small archipelago, one of the lakes within the park, where you can observe the animals freely, without bars.
- Moms and Puppies: a place where you can watch the pups of several species of animals that inhabit the park, even has the time "bottles", where visitors can feed the goats.
- Runway to the Tigers: a series of cages, with a high walkway between them, which you can see tigers, lions, and jaguars.
- Palace of the Serpents: building in the middle of the park in Eastern style, where there are many types of snakes and serpents of Brazil.
- Monga: show included in the ticket, with illusionism, which lasts about ten minutes, place in a building whose facade is shaped like a monkey with seven feet tall.
- Dum-Dum: roller coaster inspired by the alligator Dum Dum - one of the characters of the Class of Betinho Carrero, is indicated for children.
- Primate Center Beto Carrero: Opened in 2007, it is a center of studies on primates, in full amusement park, and this highlights one of the largest zoo within the park which already has more than 2,000 animals.
- Wizarding World of Birds: aviary where visitors can learn about different species of birds.
Area in honor of immigrants so numerous in the state of Santa Catarina, which houses the Beto Carrero World.
- Bier Haus: totally themed restaurant with German architecture, and serving dishes.
- Auto Pista: traditional bumpercars
- Wonderful World of Horses: space dedicated to imposing medieval knights' horses.
- Crazy Cups: the traditional crazy cups, which rotate in all directions.
- Excalibur: show paid separately, lasts 45 minutes. Reconstituted environment of jousting, costume artists with time, intense battles in search of the legendary sword of King Arthur.
- Cine Renato Aragão: for holding conventions, lectures and other events, the Cine Renato Aragão aims to assist companies wishing to organize events within Beto Carrero World.
- Tigor Mountain: Vekoma manufacturing, this roller coaster is approximately 600 meters long. The attraction is directed to the entire family, who embarks on the station built in German style, and then flies over the waters of a lake.
- Kidplay: A huge maze through tubes and ball pool exclusively for children between 0.90 m and 1.30 m.
A small village, with buildings typical of the Wild West, so famous in movies like little church and its saloons.
- Indian Village: reproduction of an Indian village.
- Cavalary: Where are the animals most commonly used care in major concerts in the park.
- Fort Alamo: a scenery of the park, which houses shops and local food.
- Wild West Show: show with lunch, is paid separately and lasts approximately 45 minutes, where established actors embody the characters of the Old West, gangsters, chorus girls, Indians, bounty hunters, and others entertain visitors during lunch.
- The Cowboy's Dream: the account through the show cast, the trajectory of the artist Beto Carrero - the Brazilian cowboy. The musical has sets, equipment and the latest technology and ends with a flourish on a visit to the Beto Carrero World.
- Equestrian: care center of the park horses
- Memorial Beto Carrero, created to tell visitors the history of the country's most famous cowboy, this space is one of the most exciting attractions of the theme park. The site, which is also the hall's Dream Cowboy, exposes all their clothing, as well as reproductions of places dear to him as his kitchen and his office. Meticulously planned, shows, and whips, saddles, hats, and other souvenirs, numerous photos and videos Beto Carrero with many of his friends and also with the original trailer for John Wayne, acquired by Beto Carrero for personal use.
- Pirate Bar: a themed restaurant.
- House of Mirrors: many local mirrors, which lose weight, gain weight, stretch or shrink.
- Cave Pirates: occupies most of the island, with a theme very complex and interesting about these pirates.
- Pirate Galleon: one of the most beautiful theme park with a waterfall that flows into the lake in front, favorite place for visitors to the island to document through photographs and videos, visit the Beto Carrero World.
- Pirate Ship: the traditional pirate ship.
It is part of the enterprise responsible for the adrenaline, where the rides are more "radical".
- Lost Civilizations: themed area with an architecture that resembles the ancient ruins of extinct civilizations.
- Tchibum: a water channel where the boats-trunks walk 10 meters up plunge to 80 km / h in a water tank.
- Free Fall: Belonging to the first generations Intamin's freefall towers, drop from a height of a building of 18 floors to 90 km / h.
- Star Mountain: Imported from Holland, this coaster has two inversions, 22 meters high and reaches 64 km / h.
- Big Tower: the highest attraction of the park, with 100 meters of free fall that reaches speeds of 120 km / h.
- Império das Águas: is one of the grandest works of the Beto Carrero World. More than a thousand tons of rocks and about 16 million liters of water per minute simulate an incredible rafting, which takes visitors through a river nearly a mile long and five meters wide.
- Portal of Darkness: This is a maze of horror scenarios where there are seven famous horror films like "The Exorcist".
- Games: area with electronic games
- Kart: ride a kart track.
- FireWhip: Inaugurated in late 2008 to commemorate the 17 years of the Beto Carrero World, FireWhip, a Vekoma Suspended Looping Coaster, is 30 meters high, five inversions, 700 meters long and reaches a speeds of up to 88 km / h. With a service capacity of up to 1,100 passengers per hour, provides an overflight by lakes and waterfalls in scenic area built especially for the roller coaster. We invested approximately $7.5 million.
- Extreme Show: One of the new shows of Beto Carrero World, and also one of the most sought after. The Extreme Show regard to the largest looping cars in the world and was inspired by the "Light, Motors, Action" from Disney's Hollywood Studios, where they performed various stunts with cars and motorcycles.
It is a distinct area of the park where all the attractions are seen by a tour of train in railroad DinoMagic whose walk from the station Joao Alves de Queiroz, one of the most beautiful buildings Park. On the way, the orientation of the entire journey is performed by the driver of the train, circling several passages that present the following attractions:
- House of the Beto Carrero: case scenario where an "assault" on the train, where visitors were saved by the hero Beto Carrero. Today, by a sheriff.
- Cave of the Dinosaurs: in a large cave visitors relive the Jurassic era, staged cinematic animal sounds and computer-controlled.
- Horta Model: tour of giant sculptures of fruits and vegetables, vegetables grown without pesticides.
- Land of the Giants: scenarios that mimic enormous animals, which can only go with the train ride.
- Enchanted Valley: as the land of giants, this is a scenario of the railroad.
- Hope Village: homage to the Azorean community - people who welcomed the Beto Carrero World.
- Arab Village: tribute to the Arab community.
Beto Carrero World has a motocross track and an international karting track designed by German engineer Hermann Tilke. The site has hosted the a round of the Motocross World Championship since 2012, the 2011 500 Miles Kart and the 2013 Desafio Internacional das Estrelas.
The International Speedway is already designed and its construction should begin in the coming months.