Betsy's Kindergarten Adventures
|Betsy's Kindergarten Adventures|
This is the title card of the series.
Slice of life
|Opening theme||"Betsy's Kindergarten Adventures"|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||26 (52 segments)|
|Running time||Approx. 28 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Nerd Studios|
|Original channel||PBS (USA)|
|Original run||January 19, 2008– January 17, 2009|
Betsy's Kindergarten Adventures is a slice of life cartoon intended for young children. The show premiered on January 19, 2008 on PBS Kids. The show follows a girl named Betsy as she starts out her school years. The series premiere shows Betsy facing the uncertainty of her first day of school and the adjustments she must make as she meets her new teacher and classmates, encounters unfamiliar rules and routines, and finds herself in an entirely new environment. Subsequent episodes show Betsy's excitement and sense of adventure as she adapts to the new experiences of kindergarten.
- Mrs. Carl O'Connor (voiced by Sally Struthers), the kindergarten teacher
- Mr. Carl O'Connor (voiced by Kevin Clash, Fred Stoller, and Tom Kenny), the kindergarten teacher's husband
- Bus Driver Bob (voiced by Fred Willard), the loyal bus driver
- Mr. Richard Warner (voiced by Tom Bosley), the principal at Lakeshore Elementary School
- Farmer Thomas Warner (voiced by Jorge Diaz), Richard Warner's brother and the owner of Warner Farms
- Daphne-Betsy's mother (voiced by Bess Armstrong), a homemaker who takes care of her daughter Betsy and her baby son Kevin. She is a stay-at-home mother and does not seem to have any outside job.
- Darnell-Betsy's father (voiced by Richard Steven Horvitz), an airplane pilot who speaks to Betsy in "airplane-talk." He appears to be the family's sole breadwinner.
- Betsy (voiced by Daveigh Chase), the title character of the show was a Game called "Learn with Betsy"
- Scott (voiced by Richard Steven Horvitz), a smart boy with glasses who is very interested in science was a Game called "Make Statues with Scott"
- Billy (voiced by Nancy Cartwright), who enjoys playing in the dirt and is Betsy's best friend was a Game called "Colors with Billy"
- Molly (voiced by Vicki Lewis), an elitist girl was a Game called "Listen to Sounds with Molly"
- Sarah (voiced by Cree Summer), a girl who excels at nearly all sports was a Game called "Exercise with Sarah"
- Kenji (voiced by Nancy Cartwright), an intelligent boy who enjoys dancing was a Game called "Learn parts of the body with Kenji"
- Maria (voiced by Cree Summer), a quiet and artistic girl was a Game called "Play Pretend with Maria"
- Kevin (voiced by Nancy Cartwright), Betsy's baby brother
- Newton (voiced by Kath Soucie), who shares similar interests to Scott and Kenji was a Game called "Watch the Video with Newton"
- Gracie (voiced by Kathryn Mullen), Betsy's family's dog
- Kitty (voiced by Pam Arciero), Betsy's family's cat
- Sidney (voiced by Anthony Asbury), the pet salamander that belongs to Mrs. O'Connor's kindergarten class
- Albright's department store where Molly hangs out and Betsy bought her mother a hair pin for $1.75; she earned that money by selling lemonade
- Warner Farms - where the principal's brother raises livestock
- Lakeshore Elementary School - Betsy's school where she attends kindergarten
- library where students borrow books for a week
- the school yard of Lakeshore Elementary School - it has served as a place to hold Mrs. O'Connor's carnival as well as a place for the kindergarten students to play during recess
- Betsy's house - where she lives with her stay-at-home mother and her airplane pilot father
- Lakeshore  - where Betsy, her friends, and family live
- the museum where Betsy and her school friends went to in the first episode
- "How It All Began" ; "Lost and Found" (Series Premiere)
- "The Farmyard Field Trip" ; "Listen to Sounds with Molly: Lion" ; "Betsy's Green Thumb"
- "Boots, Boots, Boots" ; "Team Player" ; "Play Pretend with Maria: Turtle"
- "Camping Out" ; "Learn parts of the body with Kenji" ; "The Tooth Chart" ; "Colors with Billy: Blue"
- "The Spy Who Taught Me" ; "Play Pretend with Maria: Giraffe" ; "Show and Tell" ; "Listen to Sounds with Molly: Elephant"
- "Betsy Buys a Vowel" ; "Exercise with Sarah" ; "Follow These Directions" ; "Watch the Video with Newton"
- "Frisky Business" ; "Play Pretend with Maria: Monkey" ; ; "Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow" ; "Listen to Sounds with Molly: Duck"
- "Borrowed Time" ; "Play Pretend with Maria: EarthWorm" ; "Happy Earth Day" ; "Listen to Sounds with Molly: Ocean"
- "Tickets, Please" ; "Listen to Sounds with Molly: Volcano" ; "Have You Got the Time" ; "Watch the Video with Newton"
- "Growing, Growing Gone" ; "Learn with Betsy: How to Clean Up Their Toys" ; "The Treasure of the Sierra Betsy" ; "Watch the Video with Newton"
- "Introducing the Post Office" ; "Make Statues with Scott" ; "A Berry Sore Stomach" ; "Listen to Sounds with Molly: Penguin"
- "Lyrtle the Turtle" ; "Play Pretend with Maria: Dinosaur" ; "The Great Gingerbread Man Mystery"
- "Molly's First Bike Ride" ; "Play Pretend with Maria: Peacock" ; "An Awfully Frightening Lightning"; "Colors with Billy: Purple"
- "Newton the New Kid" ; "Learn with Betsy: How to Communicate with a Fish" ; "A Colorful Encounter" ; "Colors with Billy: Green"
- "A Whole Lotta Hot Air" ; "Learn with Betsy: How to Open the Door" ; "The Fire Department" ; "Colors with Billy: Orange"
- "Responsibillities" ; "Learn parts of the body with Kenji" ; "Rules of the Road" ; "Listen to Sounds with Molly: Chicken"
- "To Tree or Not to Tree" ; "Exercise with Sarah" ; "Something Fishy" ; "Colors with Billy: Pink"
- "The Police Department" ; "Make Statues with Scott"; "A Visit From the Doctor" ; "Listen to Sounds with Molly: Snake"
- "Homework Rules" ; "Pretend with Maria: Cheetah" ; "Bread and Butterflies"; "Video with Newton"
- "All Washed Up" ; "Learn parts of the body with Kenji" ; "Mrs. O' Connor's Space Rangers" ; "Listen to Sounds with Molly: Cricket"
- "Manners Please" ; "Exercise with Sarah" ; "Mystery at Lakeshore Farm" ; "Listen to Sounds with Molly: Ostrich"
- "Big and Little" ; "Learn with Betsy: How to Pull" ; "Computer Fun" ; "Body with Kenji"
- "Making Instruments" ; "Listen to Sounds with Molly: Tiger" ; "Dinosaur Dynasty" ; "Statues with Scott"
- "When I Grow Up" ; "Learn with Betsy: How to Dig" ; "Tell Me a Story" ; "Sounds with Molly: Frog"(Series Finale)
- Official Website
- Internet Movie Data Base
- Toonarific Cartoons
- Common Sense Media
- Disney Family
- TV Guide