||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (January 2009)|
Long Term – Short Term, Inc., doing business as BetterTrades, provides finance and stock market education in the form of distance learning audio/video recordings and on location seminars. As of 2007, Long Term – Short Term (LTST) was a $60 million company. Freddie Rick founded LTST in 1998 and it is incorporated in Nevada.
BetterTrades has established business relationships with former Dallas Cowboys coach Jimmy Johnson and Forbes. Freddie Rick has been featured in two published books: "Talking with Giants!" and “The Wave 3 Way to Building Your Downline.” In addition, several BetterTrades instructors are published authors in their field of expertise and have been consulted as subject matter experts.
- 1998 – LTST is founded.
- 2002 – BetterTrades web site launched.
- 2007 – CodeReady Solutions, Inc. is founded.
Background of BetterTrades
Freddie Rick grew up in Kentwood, Louisiana – the same hometown as Britney and Jamie Lynn Spears. After several years in the Marine Corp, he worked in network marketing in the mid-1990s. By age 29 he was a millionaire, but lost it by the time he was 31 years old. This story is documented in “The Wave 3 Way to Building Your Downline.”
Rick documented his successful trading strategies and went to work for a stock market education company. After leaving that company, Rick and his wife began teaching others about finances and trading as a “love offering” in various churches.[dubious ] He started the BetterTrades web site in 2002.
On October 8, 2009 BetterTrades opened an 11,000-square-foot (1,000 m2), soundproof and climate-controlled video production studio at the Atlanta, Georgia headquarters. The facility hosts three hard sets and real-time 3D virtual set creation with motion tracking. Filming and post-production are supported by a full-time crew of producers, videographers, editors, as well as 3D and motion graphics designers.
Summer Studio Sessions
In 2009, BetterTrades hosted the Summer Studio Sessions at the Atlanta headquarters where several hundred students attended live tapings of 16 instructional classes taught by its five specialty trading coaches over a four-week period. Students were able to use the "trading pit" from where they could track their trades during class breaks.
The Traders Super Summit
The Traders Super Summit is a three-day annual gathering of stock market traders sponsored by Better Trades. The Traders Super Summit event brings together each of the company's instructors (Darlene Powell, Markay Latimer, Bob Eldridge and Ryan Litchfield), who teach advanced stock market classes and introduce new investment strategies.
The 2009 Traders Super Summit was held at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort in Orlando, Florida. Guest speakers included two-time Super Bowl winning coach Jimmy Johnson, NFL Hall of Fame running back Thurman Thomas, and three-time Super Bowl champion Ed McCaffrey.
The 2008 Traders Super Summit was held in Dallas, Texas and Jimmy Johnson was the keynote speaker for the event.
- "United States Patent and Trademark Office". Retrieved 6 January 2009.
- Schilling, Scott. (2007), Talking with Giants!, Insight Publishing ISBN 1-60013-172-7
- "Nevada Secretary of State -- Long Term - Short Term search". Retrieved 11 January 2009.
- "Press release: Renowned Financial Experts to Visit Toronto for 'Money Summit'". CNW Group. 8 April 2009. Retrieved 30 May 2009.
- "Press release: Dallas Cowboys Former Coach Jimmy Johnson to be Keynoter at First Ever Traders Super Summit". PRWeb. 26 July 2008. Retrieved 14 January 2009.
- "Press release: Bettertrades Collaborates with Forbes.com to Catapult Investor iConference". PRWeb. 18 November 2008. Retrieved 15 January 2009.
- Poe, Richard. (1996), The Wave 3 Way to Building Your Downline, Prima Lifestyles ISBN 0-7615-0439-7
- Nelson, Miles and Darlene. (November 2000), Stock Split Secret$: Profiting from a Powerful, Predictable, Price-Moving Event , Lighthouse Publishing Group ISBN 1-892008-51-3
- Eldridge, Bob. (March 1999), Making a Living in the Stock Market, Lighthouse Publishing Group ISBN 0-910019-99-1
- Sutton, Doug. (July 2001), Beginning Investor's Bible, Lighthouse Publishing Group ISBN 1-892008-50-5
- Levisohn, Ben. "Making and Understanding Candlestick Charts", BusinessWeek, 2006-11-26. Retrieved on 2009-2-9.
- "Ready to begin coding". Gwinnett Business Journal. October 2008. Retrieved 6 January 2009.
- "Nevada Secretary of State -- CodeReady Solutions search". Retrieved 11 January 2009.
- "Whois.net Domain Names". Retrieved 19 January 2009.
- "prweb.com". Retrieved 14 October 2009.
- "allconferences.com". Retrieved 1 August 2009.
- "traderssupersummit.com". Retrieved 1 August 2009.[dead link]