Better Than Sex (film)
|Better Than Sex|
|Directed by||Jonathan Teplitzky|
|Produced by||Frank Cox
|Written by||Jonathan Teplitzky|
|Music by||David Hirschfelder|
|Distributed by||Fireworks Pictures|
|Country||Australia / France|
Better Than Sex is 2000 Australian film from director Jonathan Teplitzky starring David Wenham and Susie Porter. It is a romantic comedy of sorts, revolving around two people who have a one-night stand and start to question whether they want more.
Josh and Cin meet at a party in Sydney three days before he is due to return to London. Originally planning just to spend the night, Josh decides to stay at her flat until he has to leave for the airport. The two gradually grow closer, feeling a strong connection. However, when Cin's friend Sam comes over and flirts with Josh, they end up quarreling and he leaves. Once Josh cools down he relents and returns to Cin. Having both agreed that they were just having fun, he leaves to catch his plane the next day. At the last minute, he decides not to go and returns to Cin's flat only to find that she has followed him to London, not knowing he missed the flight. Josh can not find a flight for three days, but once he reaches London they are reunited and Cin decides to move there to be with him.
|Kris McQuade||Taxi Driver|
- 2001 Australian Recording Industry Association award for Best Original Soundtrack Album (David Hirschfelder)
- 2001 Australian Film Institute Awards: Best Film (Bruna Papandrea, Frank Cox), Best Achievement in Direction (Jonathan Teplitzky), Best Original Screenplay (Jonathan Teplitzky), Best Performance by an Actor in a Lead Role (David Wenham), Best Performance by an Actress in a Lead Role (Susie Porter), Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role (Kris McQuade), Best Original Music Score (David Hirschfelder), Best Achievement in Production Design (Tara Kamath)
- 2001 Film Critics Circle of Australia Awards: Best Actor - Male (David Wenham), Best Actor - Female (Susie Porter), Best Screenplay - Original (Jonathan Teplitzky)
- "The Word" - David Hirschfelder and David Hobson
- "Dress Me Slowly" and "Mr Milk" - You Am I
- "Stay This Way" - Kylie Minogue
- "Gets Me Up" - Sneak
Better Than Sex grossed $1,266,018 at the box office in Australia.
|This article related to an Australian film of the 2000s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a 2000s romantic comedy film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|