Beverly Jo Scott
|Beverly Jo Scott|
May 15, 1959 |
Deer Park, Alabama, United States
|Genres||Rock, blues rock|
She moved to New Orleans, Louisiana, then to California and, ultimately, in 1982, to Europe after a trip to Brussels, Belgium, resulted in her living there. In Europe, she has regularly performed in France and Germany at festivals and large music halls. She has been developing Planet Janis, a tribute show to the late Janis Joplin. Another project she's developed is "Swamp Cabaret," a one-woman multimedia show focusing on the Gulf Coast.
In September 2011,Chickfest's featured artists included Scott, who Press-Register Entertainment described as building "a thriving career in Belgium over the last three decades, but maintains a legion of fans back home, thanks to the earthy passion of her music."
Radio and television work
She works also for Classic 21, a French-speaking radio programme, which is broadcast from Brussels, on Sundays.
- Honey and Hurricanes (1991)
- Mudcakes (1993)
- The Wailing Trail (1995)
- Amnesty for Eve (1999)
- Selective Passion (2000)
- Divine Rebel (2003)
- Cut and Run (2005)
- Dix Vagues (2008)
- Planet Janis (2010)
- Collection (2012)
- "Interviews: Beverly Jo Scott". Frontstage. The Belgian Pop and Rock Archives. July 1999. Retrieved March 3, 2012.
- "Les Coachs". The Voice Belgique. Radio Télévision Belge Francophone (RTBF). Retrieved March 3, 2012.
- Press-Register Entertainment, "Intimate 'Live at Space' concert series presents Beverly Jo Scott on Friday," June 7, 2011
- The Orange Beach Community Website, "Beverly Jo Scott in Concert – June 10th"
- Press-Register Entertainment, "Chickfest, a celebration of women's voices," September 19, 2011
|This article about an American musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|