||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2012)|
She was born Beverly Marie Jones, and is a former schoolteacher and musician. She started playing the piano at age five, and began writing short stories and poetry when she was nine years old.
Much of her writing focuses on the Anabaptist heritage and the Old Order Amish. Her maternal grandmother, Ada Ranck Buchwalter, was born into an Old Order Mennonite Church, which interested Mrs. Lewis in her own "plain heritage." Her father was a pastor in Lancaster, Pennsylvania (the heart of the Pennsylvania Dutch community), where she was born and grew up. She was raised and continues to be part of the Assemblies of God community.
Beverly is married to David Lewis, and has three grown children and three grandchildren. They live in Colorado.
- 1 Awards
- 2 List of works by Beverly Lewis
- 2.1 The Heritage of Lancaster County series
- 2.2 The Amish Country Crossroads Series
- 2.3 Abram's Daughters series
- 2.4 Annie's People series
- 2.5 The Courtship of Nellie Fisher series
- 2.6 Seasons of Grace series
- 2.7 The Rose Trilogy
- 2.8 Home to Hickory Hollow Series
- 2.9 Other works
- 2.10 Youth Fiction
- 3 Movies based on books by Lewis
- 4 References
- 5 External links
Lewis is an award winning author and a New York Times bestselling novelist. She's also been on the best sellers list for USA Today and the CBA. These are some of the recent awards she has won:
- Rated 8 among the Top 10 Christian Authors for 2009 by the ECPA.
- Lewis, Beverly. The Judgment, The Rose Trilogy #2. Baker Publishing Group. ECPA 2011's BestSeller ListsBest of 2011.
- Lewis, Beverly. The Mercy, Rose Trilogy Series #3. Baker Publishing Group. ECPA 2011's BestSeller ListsBest of 2011.
- The Brethren: won the Christy Award in 2007 for Contemporary Series.
- The Preacher's Daughter: won the Library Journal's Best Genre Fiction in 2005.
- The Prodigal: Crossings Book of the Year in 2004.
- The Betrayal: Inspirational Readers Choice - first place for Long Historical in 2004.
List of works by Beverly Lewis
The full collection of listed books have been published by Bethany House publishers.
The Heritage of Lancaster County series
Series reprinted in 2002.
- The Shunning, 1997
- The Confession, 1997
- The Reckoning, 1998
The Amish Country Crossroads Series
Series reprinted in 2007.
- The Postcard, 1999
- The Crossroad, 1999
- Sanctuary, June 2001( with David Lewis)
Abram's Daughters series
- The Covenant, September 2002
- The Betrayal, September 2003
- The Sacrifice, May 2004
- The Prodigal, October 2004
- The Revelation, June 2005
Annie's People series
- The Preacher's daughter, November 2005
- The Englisher, May 2006
- The Brethren, October 2006
The Courtship of Nellie Fisher series
- The Parting, 2007
- The Forbidden, May 2008
- The Longing, October 2008
Seasons of Grace series
- The Secret, April 2009
- The Missing, September 2009
- The Telling, April 6, 2010
The Rose Trilogy
- The Thorn, September 2010
- The Judgment, April 2011
- The Mercy, September 2011
Home to Hickory Hollow Series
- The Fiddler, 2012
- The Bridesmaid, September 2012
- The Guardian, April 2013
- The Secret Keeper, Sept 2013
- The Sunroom, May 1998
- The Redemption of Sarah Cain, July 2000
- October Song, October 2001
- The Beverly Lewis Amish Heritage Cookbook, 2004
The Cul-de-Sac Kids series
- The Double Dabble Surprise, March 1995
- The Chicken Pox Panic, March 1995
- The Crazy Christmas Angel Mystery, March 1995
- No Grown-ups Allowed, August 1995
- Frog Power, August 1995
- The Mystery of Case D. Luc, August 1995
- The Stinky Sneakers Mystery, May 1996
- Pickle Pizza,May 1996
- Mailbox Mania, May 1996
- The Mudhole Mystery, March 1997
- Fiddlesticks, March 1997
- The Crabby Cat Caper, March 1997
- Tarantula Toes, August 1997
- Green Gravy, August 1997
- Backyard Bandit Mystery, August 1997
- Tree House Trouble, February 1998
- The Creepy Sleep-Over, February 1998
- The Great TV Turn-Off, February 1998
- Piggy Party, February 1999
- The Granny Game, February 1999
- Mystery Mutt, February 2000
- Big Bad Beans, February 2000
- The Upside-Down Day, January 2001
- The Midnight Mystery, January 2001
Girls Only (GO!) series
These books were republished by Bethany House into two volumes (books 1-4, books 5-8) in 2008.
- Dreams on Ice, August 1998
- Only the Best, September 1998
- A Perfect Match, May 1999
- Reach for the Stars, September 1999
- Follow the Dream, July 2000
- Better Than Best, October 2000
- Photo Perfect, May 2001
- Star Status, May 2002
Holly's Heart series
These books were republished by Bethany House into 3 volumes (books 1-5, books 6-10, books 11-14) in September 2008.
- Best Friend, Worst Enemy, November 2001
- Secret Summer Dreams, November 2001
- Sealed With a Kiss, January 2002
- The Trouble With Weddings, January 2002
- California Crazy, July 2002
- Second-Best Friend, July 2002
- Good-Bye, Dressel Hills, November 2002
- Straight-A Teacher, November 2002
- No Guys Pact, January 2003
- Little White Lies, January 2003
- Freshman Frenzy, May 2003
- Mystery Letters, May 2003
- Eight is Enough, November 2003
- It's a Girl Thing, November 2003
Summerhill Secrets series
These books were republished by Bethany House into 2 volumes (books 1-5, books 6-10) in 2007.
- Whispers Down the Lane, May 1995
- Secret in the Willows, May 1995
- Catch a Falling Star, November 1995
- Night of the Fireflies, November 1995
- A Cry in the Dark, June 1996
- House of Secrets, November 1996
- Echoes in the Wind, June 1997
- Hide Behind the Moon, April 1998
- Windows on the Hill, March 1999
- Shadows Beyond the Gate, April 2000
Other picture books
- Cows in the House, October 1998
- Just Like Mama, October 2002
- Annika's Secret Wish with CD, October 2004
- What is Heaven Like?, October 2006
- In Jesse's Shoes, Fall 2007
- What is God Like?, September 2008
Movies based on books by Lewis
- Saving Sarah Cain is based on the 2000 standalone novel, The Redemption of Sarah Cain. The movie was first shown on Lifetime in 2007. The DVD was released on January 15, 2008.
- The Shunning, based on the first novel in Lewis' Heritage of Lancaster County series, was announced as a movie in 2011. It premiered on the Hallmark channel on April 16, 2011 in the U.S.
- The Confession, based on the second novel in Lewis' Heritage of Lancaster County series, was announced as a movie in 2012. It premiered on the Hallmark channel on May 11, 2013 in the U.S.
- "NLAPW — Linking Creative Women Since 1897". Americanpenwomen.org. 2012-05-25. Retrieved 2012-11-07.
- "Top 10 Christian Authors for 2009". 2009 In Review. ECPA. Retrieved 7 November 2012.
- "ECPA Releases 2011's BestSeller ListsBest of 2011". ECPA. Retrieved 7 November 2012.
- "Best Genre Fiction 2005". Libraryjournal.com. Retrieved 2012-11-07.
- [dead link]
- "The Shunning (2011)". IMDb.com. Retrieved 2012-11-07.
- "Beverly Lewis' The Shunning". Hallmark Channel. Retrieved 2012-11-07.
- Official website
- Bethany House: Beverly Lewis
- FaithfulReader.com: interview
- Fantastic Fiction: Beverly Lewis