Bewabic State Park
|Bewabic State Park|
|Location||Crystal Falls Township
Iron County, Michigan
|Nearest city||Crystal Falls|
|Area||315 acres (1.3 km²)|
|Governing body||Michigan Department of Natural Resources|
Bewabic State Park is a 315-acre (1.27 km2) state park located near Crystal Falls, Michigan in Iron County, Michigan on the shore of Fortune Lake. Bewabic State Park is site #9 of the Iron County Heritage Trail System. The park is rich with Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) history as evidenced by the CCC structures still in use. The park is unique in that it is the only state park in Michigan with tennis courts.
Facilities and activities
- Hiking. A trail begins in the campground and leads to the day-use area. Benches along the route allow hikers time to stop and appreciate the natural areas. The trail takes about one hour to hike.
- Cross-country skiing. The park offers a 2.5-mile groomed ski trail.
- Fishing. Perch, bass, bluegill and walleye are plentiful in Fortune Lake.
- Picnic Area
- Picnic Shelter
- Boating. A launch is located on Fortune Lake, which is a chain of four lakes.
- Metal Detecting - Metal detecting is recognized as a legitimate recreational activity when it is conducted in ways that do not damage the natural and cultural resources in Michigan State Parks nor violate applicable state statutes. Use a map that shows clearly where this activity may take place. Any items found must be reviewed by park staff and may be retained for further investigation.
- Bewabic State Park - Michigan DNR
- Protected Planet (World Database on Protected Areas) - Bewabic State Park
|This Iron County, Michigan location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|