Beware of Darkness (band)
|Beware of Darkness|
Beware of Darkness, as support act to The Smashing Pumpkins, 2013
|Origin||Santa Barbara, CA|
|Genres||Alternative rock, garage rock|
|Past members||Daniel Curcio
Beware of Darkness is an American alternative rock band consisting of vocalist/guitarist Kyle Nicolaides, bassist Daniel Curcio, and drummer Tony Cupito. Their debut album, Orthodox was released May 7, 2013.
Beware of Darkness formed in 2011 after Kyle Nicolaides met Tony Cupito at one of Kyle's acoustic solo shows in downtown Los Angeles at an RnB club called First and Hope. The two began playing shows with various bass players until they met Daniel Curcio, who was visiting Santa Monica after finding out he had a long lost half brother living there. Their first show was at the Roxy Theatre in LA. Not long after solidifying the lineup, they signed a record deal with Bright Antenna Records and began opening up shows for rock legends such as Social Distortion as well as touring with indie act The Wombats.
In 2012, Beware of Darkness were asked to opened for Tegan and Sara, Stone Temple Pilots, Bush, Deftones and played at the 2012 SXSW Festival. They recorded their debut record Orthodox in Fall 2012 at Eagle Rock Studios, The Village Recorder, The Sound Factory, Hillside Studios and the Valley Recording Company.
Four lyric videos for the tracks included on the band's initial Howl EP were released April 16, 2012 on the website of American Songwriter. The music video for the band's debut single "Howl" premiered on September 14, 2012 on Fuse.
The band's debut record, entitled Orthodox, was released on May 7, 2013 in the United States and was executive produced by Dave Sardy (LCD Soundsystem, Oasis, Band of Horses, NIN, Rage Against The Machine, Gorillaz, Jay-Z, White Denim).
In 2013 after playing at SXSW, Beware of Darkness toured the UK for the 1st time which included an appearance at the famed Reading and Leeds Festival and a tour across Europe as main support for The Smashing Pumpkins The band have performed at several radio festivals and shows with Cage The Elephant, Alice in Chains, AWOLNATION, Thirty Seconds to Mars, Soundgarden and Jane's Addiction. In August 2013, they were nominated by the UK's Classic Rock Magazine for "Best New Band" along with Deap Vally and Walking Papers.
The band's song "Howl" has been featured in the video game soundtracks of Saints Row IV, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, EA Sports UFC and Gran Turismo. The song has been featured in several television and movie projects including Stephen King's Under the Dome, Red 2, Monday Night Football and Nitro Circus 3D. On May 15, 2013 the band performed "Howl" live on Conan.
|US Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks Billboard||6|
|"All Who Remain"||Peak
|US Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks Billboard||16|
|US Top Heatseekers Billboard||30|
- Howl - 4:32
- Ghost Town - 4:24
- Culture Bomb - 2:59
- Holy Men - 3:44
- Howl - 4:03
- Sweet Girl - 2:35
- Ghost Town - 4:25
- Amen Amen - 4:09
- All Who Remain - 3:43
- Heart Attack - 3:34
- Morning Tea - 4:19
- End of the World - 3:00
- Life on Earth? - 3:46
- My Planet Is Dead - 3:35
- Salvation Is Here - 4:44
- Hummingbird - 3:30
- Be My Exorcist (Bonus Track) [iTunes Only]
- "Spotlight on Beware of Darkness The Santa Barbara Independent". Independent.com. 2012-12-06. Retrieved 2013-06-20.
- "After Shock Festival".
- "KJEE WINTER ROUND UP".
- "Beware of Darkness Bio at SXSW's Website". Feb 14, 2012. Retrieved 2012-02-14.
- "Howl Lyric Videos @ American Songwriter". April 16, 2012. Retrieved 2012-04-16.
- "Fuse TV World Premiere".
- "Contact Music Article w/ Orthodox Release Date". Feb 2013. Retrieved 2013-03-25.
- "2013 SXSW Schedule". Feb 2013. Retrieved 2013-03-25.
- "2013 Reading and Leeds Lineup on BBC". August 23, 2013. Retrieved 2014-01-17.
- "Beware of Darkness European Tour with The Smashing Pumpkins". April 19, 2013. Retrieved 2013-04-23.
- "Classic Rock Mag Best New Band 2013 Nominations". December 19, 2013. Retrieved 2014-01-17.
- "Beware of Darkness Performs "Howl" on Conan". May 5, 2013. Retrieved 2014-01-17.
- ""All Who Remain" Video Premiere on Rolling Stone". December 24, 2013. Retrieved 2014-01-17.
- "Howl EP on iTunes". April 16, 2012. Retrieved 2012-04-16.
- "Orthodox Album on iTunes". April 4, 2013. Retrieved 2013-04-04.