From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Beyer (disambiguation))
Beyer is mostly a German family name. Most inventions and institutions listed here with the name Beyer were named after an inventor or founder or supporter with the name Beyer.
People named Beyer
- Absalon Pederssøn Beyer, Norwegian clergyman
- Adam Beyer, Swedish techno producer and DJ
- Albert Beyer was a United States Navy coxswain.
- Alexander Beyer, German actor
- Andrew Beyer, American expert on horse race betting who designed the Beyer Speed Figure
- Barbara Petzold-Beyer, former East German cross-country skier
- Bero Beyer, Dutch film producer
- Beyers Naudé, an Afrikaner-South African cleric, theologian and anti-apartheid activist
- Brad Beyer is an American actor
- Brett Beyer, international sailing coach
- Charles Beyer, British locomotive engineer
- Clara Beyers, actress
- Colin Beyer, lawyer and businessman
- Dick Beyer, retired professional wrestler best known as The Destroyer or Doctor X
- Don Beyer, US Ambassador to Switzerland
- Eugen Beyer, 19th-century German army officer
- Ferdinand Beyer, German composer
- Frank Beyer, German film director
- Franz Beyer, German musicologist
- Georgina Beyer, the world's first openly transsexual Member of Parliament
- H. Otley Beyer, American anthropologist
- John Beyer, director of mediawatch-uk
- Kathleen Beyer (1892–1968), British botanist
- Lieutenant-General Leonard Beyers (1894–1959) was a South African military commander.
- Lisa Beyer is a United States journalist
- Mark Beyer (comics), a comic artist
- Markus Beyer, German boxer
- Olaf Beyer, Olympic champion
- Ralph Beyer, German letter-cutter and sculptor
- Richard Beyer, American sculptor
- Robert D. Beyer, American investor and executive
- Tanya Beyer, American model and actress
- Troy Beyer, American film director and screenwriter and actress
- Udo Beyer, former German track and field athlete who represented East Germany in the shot put
- Uwe Beyer, Olympic contestant
- William F Beyer, World Traveler and (N2WB per QRZ.COM) American Ham Radio Dxpeditioner and World Class DX'er.
Companies and institutions named with Beyer
- beyerdynamic GmbH & Co. KG, German audio equipment manufacturer.
- The Beyer method for quinolines is an organic chemical reaction.
- Beyer-Garratt is a type of steam locomotive that is articulated in three parts.
- Beyer-Peacock was an engineering firm.
- The Beyer Speed Figure is a system for rating the performance of Thoroughbred racehorses.
- The Beyer Stadium was in Illinois and was demolished in the early 1990s
- The Fred C. Beyer High School is in the Modesto City Schools District of Modesto, California.
- The Beyer Chair of Applied Mathematics, an endowed professorial position at the University of Manchester
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.