|Founded||1924 in Berlin|
|Key people||Eugen Beyer, founder
Board of Directors- Shirley Beyer, Fritz Heuser, John Midgley, Matthias Mühling, Dieter Rapp, Prof. Wolf M. Nietzer- Chairman of the Board
Wolfgang Luckhardt, MD
|Products||Specialist manufacturer and engineering company with a specific focus within the Conferencing and Transducer -headphones / headsets & microphones market segments|
Beyerdynamic (stylized "beyerdynamic") GmbH & Co. KG is a German audio equipment manufacturer, which produces microphones, headphones, wireless audio systems and conference systems. Beyerdynamic remains a family owned company since it was founded in 1924. Beyerdynamic is one of the oldest audio companies, along with Shure and RG Jones Sound Engineering. Most of their products are made in Germany.
In the 1920s in Berlin Eugen Beyer believed that the cinema presented a new opportunity in communication media. The first products he produced were loudspeakers for film palaces in 1924. At the end of the 1930s Beyer developed the first pair of dynamic headphones. World War II temporarily froze production, however, in 1948, beyerdynamic sought new beginnings in Heilbronn. The "Stielhörer" DT 49 became a popular item of "Plattenbars” (Record-Bars) in the 50’s. The "transistophone", the company's first wireless microphone, went into production in 1962. The Beatles 1966 German tour used the E-1000 microphone. Elton John, Abba, and Stevie Wonder all sung into sound transformers produced by beyerdynamic. In 1985, Beyerdynamic acquired its then-North American distributor, Burns Audiotronics, which became its North American subsidiary.Today beyerdynamic, Inc. have their own office headquartered in Farmingdale, New York.
At the 1988 Olympic Games in Seoul all media reporting sites were equipped with headsets from beyerdynamic. In 1999, the new Bundestag in Berlin was fitted with beyerdynamic's digital microphones. The reporters from the Football World Cup in Germany use the DT 297 headset. Most recently, the TG1000 digital wireless system has been introduced.
- Headphones – hifi headphones, in ear headphones, mobile headphones, headphones for studio and stage, headphone amplifiers, accessories;
- Headsets – aviation headsets, gaming and multimedia headsets, intercom and broadcast headsets, accessories;
- Microphones – microphones for stage and studio application, microphones for vocals and instruments, microphones for film and broadcasting, presentation, accessories;
- Conference Systems and Technology – voting systems, tour guide systems, installed sound and wireless microphones, tele and video conferencing, headphones and headsets for broadcast, commentators and interpreters, multimedia systems, conference and recording software, mixers, amplifiers and accessories;
To design, engineer and manufacture superior quality professional audio products. The Shareholder’s vision for beyerdynamic is as a specialist manufacturer and engineering company with a specific focus within the Conferencing and Transducer (headphones / headsets & microphones) market segments. With this focus, the following markets will also be served: • Broadcast markets • Tele / Video Conferencing markets • Recording / Film / Studio & Live markets • Musicians • High-end Consumer markets
beyerdynamic will re-establish its core purpose, values/ abilities & goals: • to be recognized as the leading manufacturer of professional audio products • to bring innovative technology into our designs • to ensure exemplary manufacturing • to ensure excellent customer service • to encourage our staff to excel to the best of their abilities • to operate on a sustainable financial basis for profitable growth
beyerdynamic commits to a policy of continuous research and development employing a highly qualified team of engineers thus insuring the company’s future as a leader in the audio industry.
Owners- Mrs Diana Bikel, Dr. Christa Wulle, Ms Shirley Beyer
- beyerdynamic: About us
- "Listen Closely: A History of Headphones". Random History.com. Retrieved 25 November 2012.
- "Beyerdynamic- Einst und Heute.". beyerdynamic.de. Retrieved 25 November 2012.
- I.P.C. Business Press Limited (January 1975). Wireless World 81: 394 http://books.google.com/books?id=NL4pAQAAMAAJ&q=beyerdynamic+transistophone&dq=beyerdynamic+transistophone&hl=en&sa=X&ei=XrGxUJPpJsaYqQHEpYCQCg&ved=0CEAQ6AEwAA
|url=missing title (help). Retrieved 25 November 2012.
- "Dynamic Headsets From beyerdynamic". Truly Gadgets. TrulyNet. Retrieved 25 November 2012.
- "A History on dynamic headphones". The Audio Circuit. Retrieved 25 November 2012.
- "BeyerDynamic History". TousLesMicrophones.com. Retrieved 25 November 2012.
- "Right in the thick of the action thanks to technology from beyerdynamic". beyerdynamic GmbH & Co. KG. Retrieved 25 November 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to beyerdynamic.|