|Stable release||3.3.10 (build 17762) / March 12, 2014|
|Operating system||Windows, Linux|
Beyond Compare is a file comparison utility. Aside from comparing files, the program is capable of doing side-by-side comparison of directories, FTP directories, and archives. It is available for Windows and Linux operating systems. Version 4 beta added support for Mac OS as well.
In an April 2009 review, Beyond Compare was awarded four out of five stars by CNET. The reviewers initially found the user interface to be "a little overwhelming", but "quickly got the hang of it", after using the program for a little while. PC World writer Michael Desmond included the program in a 2005 list of utilities for a "Trouble-Free PC". He highlighted the program's "watch list" feature for particular acclaim. Beyond Compare was featured in the March 2005 issue of the Windows IT Pro magazine, in the "What's Hot" section.
Scott Mitchell, writing for MSDN Magazine, identified the program's comparison rules as its most powerful feature. The customizable rules control which differences between two files should be flagged as such. A set of predefined rules are included for the comparison of common file types, such as C++ source code, XML, and HTML files.
- "Editorial Review of Beyond Compare". PC World. 2008-08-12. Retrieved 2009-04-29.
- "Beyond Compare v4 Beta". Retrieved 2014-01-29.
- "CNET editors' review". CNET. 2009-04-30. Retrieved 2009-10-20.
- Desmond, Michael (2005-05-03). "The Trouble-Free PC". PC World. Retrieved 2009-10-20.
- Mader, Carolyn (March 2005). "What's Hot". Windows IT Pro. Retrieved 2009-10-20.
- Mitchell, Scott (November 2006). "Toolbox: Synchronize Files, Rich Textboxes, and More". MSDN Magazine. Retrieved 2009-10-20.
|This software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|