Beyond the Break
|Beyond the Break|
|Created by||Michael D. Jacobs
Adam T. Brooks
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||3|
|No. of episodes||34 (List of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Matt Dearborn|
|Running time||22–24 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Brookwell-McNamara Entertainment
Island Film Group
|Original channel||The N|
|Original run||June 2, 2006– June 25, 2009|
The series focuses on four women in the sport of professional surfing. Birdie Scott (Tiffany Hines), Lacey Farmer (Natalie Ramsey), Dawn Preston (Suzie Pollard), and Kai Kealoha (Sonya Balmores) must overcome their differences in order to capture surf stardom. David Chokachi, Baywatch star, also stars as the girls' surfing instructor. Ross Thomas and Jason Tam round out the cast as two male surfers who have their eyes on Birdie and Dawn. Michael Copon has a recurring role as both Kai and Lacey's love interest. Season 2 premiered with an hour long episode January 5, 2007.
- Natalie Ramsey as Lacey Farmer
- Sonya Balmores as Kai Kealoha
- Tiffany Hines as Birdie Scott
- Suzie Pollard as Dawn Preston
- David Chokachi as Justin Healy
- Ross Thomas as Bailey Reese
- Adam T. Brooks as DJ Reese (Season 3 only)
- Jesse Williams as Eric Medina (8 episodes only)
- Michael Copon as Vin Keahi
- Jason Tam as Shoe
- Olivia Munn as Mily Acuna
- Kim Kardashian as Elle (4 episodes only)
- Aubrey Drake Graham as himself
The show debuted in June 2006. Of the first 20 episodes filmed, the first 10 were shown as Season 1, while the following 10 aired subsequently as Season 2. The third season, consisting of 14 episodes, was originally set to premiere in early 2008, but did not officially air in the US until June 2009.
Throughout late 2007 and 2008, there had been many cancellation rumors largely due to the fact that The N had not aired any advertisements for a new season and rarely aired reruns of the show. The N later ran a promo announcing that free episodes of Beyond the Break were available on The Click (The N's broadband media player), possibly because of these rumors.
The N Soundtrack, released in 2006, contains songs from the series.
- "Kauai surfer Sonya Balmore stars in 'Beyond the Break'". Global Surf News.