Beyond the Sun (novel)
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for books. (May 2013)|
|Series||Doctor Who book:
The New Adventures
|Preceded by||Dragons' Wrath|
|Followed by||Ship of Fools|
Beyond the Sun is a novel by Matt Jones featuring the fictional archaeologist Bernice Summerfield, his second for the Virgin New Adventures. The New Adventures were a spin-off from the long-running British science fiction television series Doctor Who. The book is, in part, a coming-of-age story for the character of Emile as he comes to terms with his sexuality. Emile would later re-appear in subsequent New Adventures.
Bernice Summerfield takes her two students Emile and Tameka on a field trip, but when her ex-husband Jason turns up, they all become embroiled with the dangerous super-weapon of a lost civilisation.
|Beyond the Sun|
|Big Finish Productions audio drama|
|Executive producer(s)||Jason Haigh-Ellery|
|Set between||Oh No It Isn't!
and Walking to Babylon
|Length||1 hr 40 mins|
|Release date||September 1998|
In 1998, Beyond the Sun was adapted by its author for Big Finish Productions into an audio drama starring Lisa Bowerman as Bernice. The audio drama also features actor Anneke Wills, better known for playing Polly and Sophie Aldred who played Ace, both in the Doctor Who television series.
- Bernice Summerfield — Lisa Bowerman
- Miranda — Sophie Aldred
- Doctor Kitzinger — Anneke Wills
- Jason Kane — Stephen Fewell
- Tameka Vito — Jane Burke
- Emile Mars-Smith — Lewis Davis
- Scott — Nicholas Pegg
- Leon — Barnaby Edwards
- The title Beyond the Sun is an in-joke; at the time the novel was written, it had long been variously attributed as a working title to any one of three early Doctor Who serials from the first series in 1963, although it was never used on-screen.
Beyond the Sun New Adventure
- Beyond the Sun at the Doctor Who Reference Guide
- The Cloister Library - Beyond the Sun
- Beyond the Sun at The TARDIS Library
Beyond the Sun New Adventure reviews
Beyond the Sun audio adaptation
Beyond the Sun audio adaptation reviews
- Beyond the Sun audio reviews at The Doctor Who Ratings Guide
- Beyond the Sun audio reviews at Outpost Gallifrey
|This Doctor Who–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|