Bhagalpur College of Engineering
||This college or university article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia guidelines for college and university articles. (February 2012)|
|Bhagalpur College of Engineering|
|भागलपुर अभियंत्रण महाविद्यालय|
|Motto||Yogah Karmeshu Kaushalam|
|Principal||Prof. Dr. Achintya|
|Location||bhagalpur, Bihar, India|
|Campus||Urban 167 acres (680,000 m2)|
|Affiliations||Aryabhatta Knowledge University|
Bhagalpur College of Engineering (Devanāgarī: भागलपुर अभियंत्रण महाविद्यालय) (BCE Bhagalpur), is a technology institution established in 1960 in Bihar, India. Earlier, the affiliation was under Tilkamanjhi Bhagalpur University (TMBU) Bhagalpur, BIHAR which was later passed on to Aryabhatta Knowledge University (AKU), Patna which was established by the government of Bihar, under Bihar Act 24, 2008 BCE in the list of AKU. The institute offers full-time Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) degree programs in disciplines of science and technology viz. Computer Science & Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering. BCE is administered by the Department of Science and Technology under the guidance of the government of Bihar.
- Department of Electrical Engineering, H.O.D- Prof. Ranjana Kumari
- Department of Computer Science and Engineering, H.O.D- Prof. R. K. Mishra
- Department of Mechanical Engineering, H.O.D.-Prof. C. P. Singh
- Department of Civil Engineering, H.O.D.-Prof. K. N. Mandal
- Department of Electronics and Telecommunication Eng, H.O.D.- Prof. Pushpalata
- Department of Physics
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Mathematics- R. K. Jha
- Department of Humanities
The Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (BCECEB) conducts the entrance test in two stages. First is the screening test. The screened candidates appear in the main Examination (second stage). Based on the Merit List of the Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination (2nd stage), successful candidates appear in the counselling at the office of the Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board.
The college has a placement cell led by Prof. S Shekhar . More than 50% of students have got selected in public and government organizations. Many of them have done their masters and Phd from IITs/IISc and abroad.Some students have cracked IES/IAS exam and rest are working in an MNC/Software field .
2000 plus BCE members around the world unite in the alumni organisation - the BCE Bhagalpur Alumni Association. The annual 2012 meet was organised in New Delhi.
- Commercial Bank
- Co-operative store
- Sudha Dairy parlor
- College Library
- Post office
- Student Amenity Center
- Boy's and Girl's Hostels
- Guest House
- UCO bank ATM
- Play ground
Bhagalpur college of Engineering organizes Technoriti as its annual festival every year from 2012. Started with the name AAGHAZ the festival comprises Parakram the annual Sports meet, Umang the Cultural festival and technical fest. Later in 2013 the name aaghaz was changed to Technoriti by the student organisation which additionally included Sangam as the Alumni meet of BCE Bhagalpur....
- "Welcome to BCE - International Alumni Network". bcealumni.com.
2. Annual Technical Festival site Technoriti
- Official site
- Annual Festival
- BCE Alumni Association
- Bhagalpur College of Engineering
- BCE - International alumni network
- http://www.akubihar.ac.in/affiliatedcolleges.html - AKU
- http://www.ias.ac.in/sadhana/Pdf2000Dec/619-630.pdf - Publication
- http://www.npiu.nic.in/PDF/Final%20approved%20Minutes-5th%20NSC.pdf - List of Institutional Eligibility Proposals (IEPs) received in August 2010
from Government/ Government aided Institutions under Sub-Component 1.1 Coordinates: