|Born||1 Apr 1931
Binika, Sonepur, Kosal, India
|Died||3 Jan 2007
|Language||Kosali, Oriya, English|
|Notable awards||Orissa Sahitya Academy|
|Children||Manorama, Rajendra, Nirupama, Debendra, Subhendra, Pratima, Narendra|
Late Shri Bhagirathi Nepak (Born : 1 Apr 1931, Died : 3 Jan 2007) was an eminent scholar on Mahima Dharma and Bhima Bhoi, and well known Orissa Sahitya Academy award winning writer from Western Orissa/ Kosal.
He was born to Late Sadanand Nepak and Late Shreemati Devi at Binika of Sonepur District. But later his family moved to Lachhipur village of Sonepur District. After finishing his graduation in Philosophy from GM College Sambalpur, he joined as an auditor in the Orissa Govt.
He started writing with the "Kau O Koili" during his school days. Later he penned many books including Research books, Novels, Short Stories, Poetry etc. Till date more than 229 of his creations are published which include 34 novels, 3 collections of poems, many biographies, children literature, short plays. He is remembered for popularizing Satya Mahima Dharma.
Some of his creations are :
- Odisha ra Adibasi (The tribals of Orissa)
- Bhima Bhoi O Anyanya Prasanga (Bhima Bhoi and other)
- Punarabrutti - (Repeatation) a Novel
- Suchana - (Information/Notice) a Novel
- Patel Badhu Jaikadhi - a Novel
- Kali, Aji, Paradina - (Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow) - a Novel
- June Teyis O Sujata ra Swapna - (The 23rd June and dreams of Sujata) - A Novel
- Katha Bichitra - A bucket of short stories
- Chira Sabuja Galpa - (Evergreen stories) - Short Stories
- Chira Nutana Galpa - (Ever new Stories) - Short Stories
|This article about an Indian writer or poet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|