Bhagyalakshmi at a meeting in 2010
1 November 1962 |
Kozhikode, Kerala, India
|Occupation||Dubbing Artist,Television Host|
|Spouse(s)||K. Ramesh Kumar (1985–2011)|
Bhagyalakshmi (born 1 November 1962) is a leading dubbing artist of Malayalam film industry. She won the Best Dubbing artist Award winner of Kerala State in the year 1991. She was the first Artist who won Kerala State Film Award for Best Dubbing Artist for Female Category. She has a record of more than 2000 films in Malayalam cinema. She also acted in Malayalam Films also. She mostly Dubbed for Actress Shobana.
Bhagyalakshmi published her autobiography titled as Swarabhedangal which received the Kerala Sahitya Akademi Award for Biography and Autobiography.
First invited to dub at the age of 10, she started dubbing in the late 1970s, the first movie being Aparadhi in 1977 and became noticed by the film Kolilakam (dubbed for Sumalatha, the film was jayan's last film). She has been working over 35 years. She has acted around 20 Malayalam movies. Manassu in 1973 was her debut movie in acting as a child artist. She has the record of winning Kerala State Film Awardthe maximum numberof times
Bhagyalakshmi is born on 1 November 1962 to Kumaran Nair who hails from Powaat Tharavadu Calicut & Bhargavi Amma from Kurupath Tharavad,Shoranur.She has an elder sister Indira Nair & a brother Unni Nair. She has completed her P.U.C (Pre University Course) before starting her career as a dubbing artist. She was married to K. Ramesh Kumar on 27 October 1985. The couple have two sons Nithin, an engineering graduate working in Bangalore, and Sachin, pursuing final year degree in Chennai. The couple got separated in 2011 and was officially divorced in September 2014.
Bhagyalakshmi published her autobiography named as Swarabhedangal. "Swarabhedangal", an autobiography of famous dubbing artist in Malayalam film industry, Bhagyalakshmi selected in Nielsen Data. This is the first time a Malayalam book is selected for this endowment. Though English books released in India are selected in Nielsen Data. A master in dubbing, the author has proved that she can also pen a book in a very descriptive manner.In her book she explains, a fearless person by nature, her book too carries the same fearlessness. When she mentions the perverts of artists she has faced in Malayalam film fraternity, she even does not forget the kindness of some artists of this glittering world. A book about her fortunate dubbing career but unfortunate marriage life, her childhood orphanage life and love failure after 40.
- 1991 – Best Dubbing Artist: – Ulladakkam, Ente Sooryaputhrikku
- 1995 – Best Dubbing Artist: – Ormayundayirikkanam, Kusruthikattu
- 2002 – Best Dubbing Artist: – Yathrakarude Sradhakku
- 2013 – Kerala Sahitya Akademi Award for Biography and Autobiography - Swarabhedangal
- 2012 – Asianet TV award for Best Dubbing Artist : – Kumkumapoovu
- 2002– Kerala Film Critic Award- Yathrakarude Sradhakku
- Bhagyalakshmi (2012), Swarabhedhangal (in Malayalam), Kottayam, Kerala: DC Books, ISBN 9788126439348
As a Dubbing artist
|Aadyathe Kanmani-||Sudha Rani|
|Aaru Sundarimaarude Katha||Zarina Wahab|
|Alice in wonderland||Laya|
|Angane oru avadhikalathu||Samyuktha Varma|
|Annakutty Kodambakkam Vilikkunnu||Sreeja|
|Ayal Kadha Ezhuthukayanu||Nandini|
|Bhoopadathil Illatha Oridam||Rajasree nair|
|Chanakya Soothrangal||Lizy Priyadarshan|
|Chandranudikkunna Dikhil||Samyuktha Varma|
|Chinthavishthaya shyamala||Sangeetha||Sangeetha won Kerala State Film Award for Best Actress|
|CID Unnikrishnan B.A., B.Ed.||Rohini|
|Devathinte Makan||Pooja Batra|
|Dheem Thariktia Thom||Lissy|
|Ente Sooryaputhrikku||Amala||Kerala State Film Award for Best Dubbing Artist|
|Gandharvam||Kanchan||Gandhinagar Second Street||karthika|
|Hello My Dear Wrong Number||Lissy|
|India Gate||Vani Viswanath|
|In Harihar Nagar||Geetha Vijayan|
|Ithu Nalla Thamasha||Anuradha|
|Ividan swargamnanu||Lakshmi Gopalaswamy|
|January Oru Orma||karthika|
|Jeevante Jeevan||Aarti Gupta|
|Kallu Kondoru Pennu||Vijayasanthi|
|Kandu Kandarinju||Nadia Moidu|
|Kerala Cafe||Jyothirmayi, Swetha Menon|
|Kochu Kochu Santhoshangal||Lakshmi Gopalaswamy|
|Koodum Thedi||Nadia Moidu|
|Kottaram Veetil Apuutan||Shruthi|
|Kusruthikaatu||Kanaka||Kerala State Film Award for Best Dubbing Artist|
|Kudumbam Oru Swargam Bharya Oru Devatha||Jalaja|
|Life is beautiful||Samyuktha Varma|
|Madhuranombarakattu||Samyuktha Varma||Samyuktha won Kerala State Film Award for Best Actress|
|Malayali Mamanu Vanakkam||Roja|
|Manar mathayi speaking||Vani Viswanath|
|Maniyanpilla Athava Maniyanpilla||Nithya|
|Mannadiar Penninu Chenkotta Checkan||Kanaka|
|Mazhavil Kavadi||Urvashi||Urvashi won Kerala State Film Award for Best Actress|
|Mukunthetta Sumitra Vilikkunnu||Ranjini|
|My Dear Muthachan||………Ilavarasi|
|Nadan Pennum Natupramaniyum||Samyuktha Varma|
|Naale Njagalude Vivaham||Menaka|
|Narendran Makan Jayakanthan Vaka||Samyuktha Varma|
|Njan salperu ramankutty||……………Gayatri Jayaraman|
|No. 1 Snehatheeram Banglore North||Priya Raman|
|Nokketha Doorathu Kannum Nattu||Nadia Moidu|
|Olympiyan Anthony Adam||Meena|
|One man show||Samyuktha Varma|
|Onningu Vannengil||Nadia Moidu|
|Onnu Muthal Poojyam Vare||Asha jayaram|
|Onnum Mindatha Bharya||Menaka|
|Ormakalundayirikanam||Sreeja||Kerala State Film Award for Best Dubbing Artist|
|Oru Indian Pranayakatha||Lakshmi Gopalaswamy|
|Oru marubhomi kadha||Lakshmi Rai|
|Oru Minnaminunginte Nurunguvettam||Parvathy|
|Oru vadakan veeragadha||Madhavi|
|Ottayal Pattalam||Madhu Bala|
|Pachamarathanalil Padmapriya Janakiraman| Padmapriya]]|
|Pakal Nakshatrangal||Reena Bhasheer|
|Paleri Manikyam||………Mydhili/Swetha Menon|
|Pappayude Swantham Appoos||Sainu dadi (Seena Dadi)|
|Pidakkozhi Koovunna Noottandu||Urvashi|
|Putturam puthri unniyarcha||Vani Viswanath|
|Rajamanikyam||Sindhu Menon/ Padmapriya|
|Rakkilippattu||Jyothika||Priyadarshan's 50th Movie
Remade into Different Languages.
|Ramji Rao Speaking||Rekha|
|Sagar alias Jacky Reloaded||Shobana|
|Saivar Thirumeni||Samyuktha Varma|
|Salt n pepper||Shwetha Menon||Shweta won Kerala State Film Award for Best Actress|
|Sufi paranja kadha||Sharbani Mukherjee|
|Thenkashi pattanam||Geethu Mohandas, Samyuktha Varma|
|Ulladakam||Amala||Kerala State Film Award for Best Dubbing Artist|
|Unnikale Oru Kadha Parayam||karthika|
|Vadhu Doctoranu||Nadia Moidu|
|Vakalthu narayan kutty||Manya|
|Veendum Chila Veettukaryangal||Samyuktha Varma
Venkalam urvashi, priyanka
|Vesham||Sindhu Menon, Mohini|
|V I P||Heroine|
As an Actress
- Manassu (1973)
- Madalasa (1978)
- Padmatheertham (1978)
- Chamaram (1980)
- Manassinte Theerthayaathra (1981)
- Abhinayam (1981)
- Ammaykkorumma (1981)
- Gaanam (1982)
- Kayam (1982)
- Enikkum Oru Divasam (1982)
- Maattuvin Chattangale (1982)
- Asthram (1983)
- Ithirippoove Chuvannapoove (1984)
- Principal Olivil (1985)
- Aarodum Parayaruthu (Kurutham Kettavan) (1985)
- Chilambu (1986)
- Agnichirakulla Thumpi (1988)
- Celluloid (2013)
- Bhagyalakshmi 2012, p. 1
- Bhagyalakshmi 2012, p. 49
- "ഭാഗ്യലക്ഷ്മി വിവാഹമോചിതയായി". Mathrubhumi. Retrieved 21 September 2014.
- Mahadevan, G. (20 August 2007) "A CD full of morals". The Hindu. Retrieved 21 September 2014.
- "Resul Pookutty makes his onscreen debut". The New Indian Express. 15 April 2011. Retrieved 21 September 2014.
- Karnaver, Aswathy. (1 December 2012) News New Indian Express 1 December 2012. The New Indian Express. Retrieved on 5 January 2014.
- "2013-ലെ കേരള സാഹിത്യ അക്കാദമി അവാര്ഡുകള് പ്രഖ്യാപിച്ചു" (PDF). Kerala Sahitya Akademi. December 2014. Retrieved 28 December 2014.
- വിവാഹവും വിവാഹമോചനവും. mangalam.com (10 June 2013). Retrieved on 5 January 2014.
- ഭാഗ്യതാരകം. mangalam.com (29 January 2013). Retrieved on 5 January 2014.
- "Mangalam-Varika-10-Jun-2013". mangalamvarika.com. Retrieved 31 October 2013.
- ആ മനുഷ്യന് എന്തിനായിരുന്നു എന്നെ പ്രണയിച്ചിരുന്നത്?. mangalam.com (16 June 2013). Retrieved on 5 January 2014.
- ഉള്ളില് തീക്കനല് സ്വരങ്ങള് – articles,infocus_interview – Mathrubhumi Eves. Mathrubhumi.com. Retrieved on 5 January 2014.
- അതിജീവനത്തിന്റെ ശബ്ദവീചികള് – articles,infocus_interview – Mathrubhumi Eves. Mathrubhumi.com. Retrieved on 5 January 2014.