||This article has an unclear citation style. (October 2010)|
Bhagyashree in 2011
|Born||Shrimant Rajkumari Bhagyashree Raje Patwardhan
23 February 1969
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
|Other names||Bhagyashree Patwardhan|
|Years active||1983–2006, 2009–present|
|Parents||HH Shrimant Rajasaheb Vijaysinghrao Madhavrao Patwardhan (Father)
H.H. Shrimant Akhand Soubhagyavati Rani Rohini Rajya Lakshmi Patwardhan(Mother)
Bhagyashree (born Shrimant Rajkumari Bhagyashree Raje Patwardhan on 23 February 1969) is an Indian film and television actress. She's best known for playing the love interest of Salman Khan in the movie Maine Pyar Kiya.
Bhagyashree hails from the royal Marathi family of Sangli in Maharashtra. Her father is Vijay Singhrao Madhavrao Patwardhan, is the current Raja of Sangli. She is the eldest of three daughters, the other two being Madhuvanti and Purnima.
She started her acting career with Kachhi Dhoop - a television serial by Amol Palekar. It was based on Louisa Mary Alcott's Little Women. Her rendezvous with acting happened by chance when next door neighbor Amol Palekar, a renowned actor-director, requested her to step in and act in his serial Kacchi Dhoop as the actress who had been signed on had abandoned the serial abruptly. The serial did well and later on she had roles in Honi Anhoni and Kisse Miya Biwi Ke.
After marriage, she acted in three films: Peepat's Qaid Main Hai Bulbul, K.C. Bokadia's Tyagi and Mahendra Shah's Payal all opposite her husband Himalaya in 1992. She also acted with Avinash Wadhawan in Ghar Aaya Mera Pardesi (1993). This was her last film in the 90s and she took a break from films for rest of this decade.she made her Telugu debut in the film Yuvaratna Rana (1998).
She returned to films in the 2001 film Hello Girls. She later appeared in Janani (2006), Humko Deewana Kar Gaye (2006) and Red Alert: The War Within (2008). After a gap of several years, she made a comeback to television with Aandhi Jasbaton Ki, where she played a politician. She was also seen in Didi Ka Dulha, a comedy serial on national broadcaster Doordarshan and a telefilm where she plays a blind person. She made her debut in Marathi films with the romantic comedy Zhak Marli Baiko Keli in June 2009. In 2014, she would make her comeback to entertainment space with TV serial Laut Aao Trisha to be aired on Life OK.
She is the promoter of a media company Shrishti Entertainment with her husband.
- Kachchi Dhoop
- Jaan .... Radha
- Didi Ka Dulha
- Kaagaz Ki Kasti .... Aarti
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 3 (2009) (Reality Dance Show)
- JP show (Reality Show)
- Laut Aao Trisha (2014-present) as Amrita Swaika
- Maine Pyar Kiya (1989) .... Suman
- Qaid Mein Hai Bulbul (1992) .... Pooja Choudhry
- Tyaagi (1992)
- Paayal (1992)
- Ghar Aaya Mera Pardesi (1993) .... Roopa
- Ammavra Ganda (1997) (Kannada movie)
- Hello Girls (2001)
- Maa Santoshi Maa (2003)
- Uthaile Ghoonghta Chand Dekhle (2005) (Bhojpuri)
- Humko Deewana Kar Gaye (2006) .... Simran Kohli (Special Appearance)
- Janani (2006) .... Akanksha
- Janam Janam Ke Saath (2007) ....(Bhojpuri).....Jyoti
- Mumbai Aamchich (2007) .... (Marathi)
- Red Alert: The War Within (2008) .... Uma
- Zhak Marli Bayko Keli (2009) (Marathi)
- Yuvaratna Rana (Telugu)
- "Bhagyashree on comeback trail". The Times of India. 17 October 2007.
- "Salad moments!". The Hindu (Chennai, India). 29 December 2005.
- "Beyond the coyness…". The Hindu (Chennai, India). 19 March 2011.
- "I'm happy to be known as 'Maine Pyar Kiya' girl: Bhagyashree". Yahoo!. Retrieved 22 October 2010.
- "Bhagyashree Patwardhan back to screens with Laut Aao Trisha". IANS. news.biharprabha.com. Retrieved 17 June 2014.
- "Bhagyashree Returns to Small Screen with Life OK’s New Show". TellyTRP.in. 25 March 2014. Retrieved 25 March 2014.