|Born||Rekitha Rajendra Kurup
May 23, 1988 
Manarkadu, Kottayam, Kerala
|Years active||2007 - Present|
Bhama (Malayalam: ഭാമ; Rekhita born on 23 May 1988) is an Indian film actress, who has mainly appeared in Malayalam and Kannada language films. She debuted in 2007 through Nivedyam directed by A. K. Lohithadas.
Bhama is from Manarcadu near Kottayam. She is the daughter of late Rajendra Kurup and Shylaja. She has two sisters, both older than her. Her mother is a housewife.
Before her entry into the film industry, she was the host of a show on Kairali TV titled Thaali. She has also acted in a Christian devotional album. Director Lohithadas, whom she considers her Mentor/Guru cast her in Nivedyam, her first movie. Her second film was Hareendran Oru Nishkalankan directed by Vinayan, in which she was cast opposite Manikuttan. She paired with Vineeth Sreenivasan in Cycle directed by Johny Antony.Bhama Presently very busy with other language movies especially in Tamil and Kannada.Her last released Malayalam movie 101 weddings.
Bhama said that until 2011, she was getting the same kind of roles in Malayalam. She started taking up Kannada film offers, after which she started getting fresh and interesting characters in Malayalam. She is acting in Sohanlal's Kadhaveedu, where she plays the heroine in M. T. Vasudevan Nair's segment and her character is that of a modern girl, a media person, who is smart and energetic. In Rakesh Gopan's 100 Degree Celsius, she plays a Christian housewife, for the first time. She also has a small but significant role in Vinod Vijayan's segment of D Company, Day of Judgement, featuring Fahadh Faasil where she plays a psycho and wears no make-up.
Bhama has occasionally worked as a playback singer as well. She had reportedly sung the song "Kannil Kannil", composed by Rahulraj for a film titled Bike; however the film was cancelled and the song remains unreleased. She lent her voice for the devotional album Maaya Madhavam (2009), and has crooned the title song for the upcoming children’s film Meow Meow Karimppoocha.
- 2007 - Asianet Film Award for Best Star Pair Award, Nivedyam (shared with Vinu Mohan)
- 2007 - Sathyan Memorial Film Award for Best Newcomer - Nivedyam
- 2007 - Film Critics Award for Best Newcomer - Nivedyam
- 2007 - Ala Award for Best Actress - Nivedyam
- 2007 - Vanitha Nippon Award for Best Newcomer - Nivedyam
- 2008 - Amma Award for Best Screen Pair - Cycle
- 2009 - Mathrubhumi-Amritha Award for Best Screen Pair - Ivar Vivahitharayal (shared with Jayasurya)
|2007||Hareendran Oru Nishkalankan||Indhu||Malayalam|
|2008||Ellam Avan Seyal||Chinthamani||Tamil|
|2008||One Way Ticket||Sunanda||Malayalam|
|2009||Oru Black And White Kudumbam||Minnu||Malayalam|
|2011||Swapna Sanchari||Aswathi (Achu)||Malayalam||Cameo Appearance|
|2012||Husbands in Goa||Abhirami||Malayalam|
|2013||100 Degree Celsius||Nancy||Malayalam||Filming|
|2013||Naku Penda Naku Taka||Malayalam||Filming in kenya|
|2013||Kanneerinum Madhuram||Amina||Malayalam||Filming (delayed)|
|2013||Swapnangalil Haisal Mary||Haisal Mary||Malayalam||Release delayed|
- "Quick Info". Malayala Manorama. Retrieved 2013-04-22.
- "Bhama turns Playback singer - Malayalam Movie News". IndiaGlitz. 2008-05-26.
- "Bhama Takes to Singing!". Nowrunning.com. 2008-05-31.
- "Bhama turns a singer - Malayalam Movie News". IndiaGlitz. 2009-10-05.
- January 15, 2012 By Jiji Ann Cherian DC Kochi (2012-01-15). "Bhama, the girl next door". Deccan Chronicle.
- "Kerala / Thiruvananthapuram News : Ujala-Asianet film awards announced". The Hindu. 2008-01-13.
- "Kerala / Kollam News : Sathyan memorial film awards announced". The Hindu. 2007-11-07.
- PTI Jan 31, 2008, 09.13pm IST (2008-01-31). "`Ore Kadal', `Thaniye' share critics award for best film - Economic Times". Articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com.
- "Kerala / Kozhikode News : ‘Thaniye’ bags Ala award". The Hindu. 2008-01-17.
- "Vanitha awards for Mammootty, Meera Jasmine - Malayalam Movie News". IndiaGlitz. 2008-02-07.
- "Welcome to Amrita TV". Amritatv.com.
|This article about an Indian actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|