61ft. high Beleswara statue
|Named for||Kabi Samrat Upendra Bhanja|
|Elevation||69 m (226 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Bhanjanagar is a town and a Notified Area Council in Ganjam district in the state of Odisha, India. The city, earlier named as Rasulkonda, was renamed later after Kabi Samrat Upendra Bhanja. Bhanjanagar is a town planned community situated in the confluence of rivers Loharakhandi and Badanadi. Bhanjanagar is located on State Highway No. 7, connecting Brahmapur to Phulabani. It is 80 km from Brahmapur and 85 km from Phulbani. Bhanjangar has road connections to almost all towns of Odisha. This city is home to people of various religious beliefs. There are several temples, mosques, and churches, as well as colleges, schools, and other institutions.
Bhanjanagar is located at  with an average elevation of 69 metres (226 feet).
As of 2001[update] India census, Bhanjanagar had a population of 19,699. Males constitute 52% of the population, and females constitute 48%. Bhanjanagar has an average literacy rate of 78%, higher than the national average of 59.5%, with a male literacy of 84% and a female literacy of 72%. Ten percent of the population is under 6 years of age.
A reservoir is located north of Bhanjanagar with a catchment area of 25 square miles. The water of this reservoir irrigates many acres of land in Ghumusar (Bhanjanagar), Berhampur and Chhatrapur sub-divisions, and also supplies drinking water to Bhanjanagar and Berhampur city. Its construction was completed in the year 1894. The panoramic view of the reservoir is known as a tourist attraction, including its park area, boating facility and musical fountain. In April 2013 the tallest Shiba statue of Odisha (seventh tallest Shiva statue in the world) was built at Beleswar hills located close to the water reservoir.
- Upendra Bhanja High School
- P.S.B. School
- Saraswati Sishu Vidya Mandira
- Dina Bandhu Government Girls' High School
- Sri Bachha High School
- Secondary Teachers School
- Government Middle English Medium School (Bari School)
- St. Xavier's English Medium High School
- St. Anne's English Medium School
- Kendriya Vidyalaya (Central School)
- Sri Satya Sai Vidya Vihar
- Kanhu Rauta High School (Lalsing)
- Dibya Shakti English Medium School (Niladri Bihar)
- Kabi Samrat Upendra Bhanja College
- Savitri Women's College
- K.S.U.B Teacher's Training College (B.Ed. College)
- Bhanja College of Computer Management (B.C.C.M)
- Ghumusar (Junior) Residential College (G.R.C)
- Shri (Junior) Residential College (S.R.C)
- State Bank of India (Morning & Evening)
- Andhra Bank
- Utkal Grameen Bank
- Indian Overseas Bank
- Asika Central Co-operative Bank
- Union Bank of India
- Bank of Baroda
- Axis Bank
- Uco Bank
- United Bank of India
- Bank Of India
- Rushikulya Gramya Bank
Bhanjanagar has vast fertile lands, and a number of rice paddy processing units, or rice mills.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Bhanjanagar
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- Pattnaik, Rakesh Kumar (2013). "Article: Inauguration of 61 feet height Lord Shiva Statue at Bhanjanagar, Ganjam. By Rakesh Kumar Pattnaik". nuaodisha.com. Retrieved 29 June 2013. "119 years old Bhanjanagar Reservoir (Previously famous as the Russelkonda Reservoir)"
- "World's 7th largest Siva statue Beleswar Mahadev". Retrieved 29 June 2013.