8 June 1969 |
Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India
Bharadwaj Dayala from the city of Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India is the first Indian to complete a solo tour around the world on an Indian-made Hero MotoCorp Karizma R motorcycle. Youngest son of Rama Rao Dayala and Kusuma achieved this feat without any sponsors or support.
Bharadwaj started his world tour on motorcycle from Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India on April 2, 2006. He then flew from Mumbai along with his bike to Tehran, Iran. From Tehran he started riding on international roads on his motorcycle traveling through Iran, Turkey, Syria, Jordan, Egypt, Greece, Italy, France, United Kingdom, Canada, the US, Australia, Indonesia and Bangladesh. After riding across 5 continents, 14 countries and 47,000 km in 18 months, he reached home on October 2, 2007.
On 4 December 2013, Dayala was felicitated by Prince of Dubai Sheikh Mansoor bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Makhtom for his "exceptional achievement" in global travels and for his "enduring commitment to promoting goodwill, friendship and cultural understanding around the world."
- Alone Around The World on Motorcycle - 2007-11-10
- How to ride the world - Bharadwaj at Motorcycle Travellers Meet India 2013-07-28
- The story of the first Indian to go Alone Around The World on Motorcycle 2006-06-02
- "Adventurer on a world mission". The Hindu. 2006-04-08. Retrieved 2013-09-21.
- "Vizag youth completes world tour". The Hindu. 2007-11-10. Retrieved 2013-09-21.
- "National : From Vizag, around the world". The Hindu. 2007-10-11. Retrieved 2013-09-21.
- "Bharadwaj Dayala: Around the World in 18 months". Ride till I die. 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2013-09-21.
- "Kicking life into higher gear", The New Indian Express (Vishakapatnam ed.) (Chennai), 21 December 2013: 19
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bharadwaj Dayala.|