From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Bharata)
|Look up Bharat in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Bharat, Bharath, Bharata, Bharatam, Bhārat, or Bhārata may be a transliteration of either Bharata (Sanskrit: भरत, lit. "to be maintained") or Bhārata (Sanskrit: भारत, lit. "descended from Bharata") and may refer to:
India (Bhārata, Bhāratavarsha)
- Bharata, the original Sanskrit name for the Indian subcontinent
- Bhārat Gaṇarājya or simply "Bharat", for the Republic of India
- Bhārata Mātā (Mother India), the national personification of India as a mother
- Bharat Earth Movers, heavy equipment manufacturer
- Bharat Electronics, military electronics manufacturer
- Bharat Forge, forging and engineering firm
- Bharat Heavy Electricals, power plant equipment manufacturer
People and characters
- Bharata (भरत)
- Bharata Muni, Indian musicologist, author of the Natyashastra
- Bharata (emperor), a legendary monarch of ancient India, to whom the name of the epic Mahabhārata lends its name. The name is by many regarded figuratively for Humanity with a capital initial letter.
- Bharata (Ramayana), son of Dasharatha, a character in the Ramayana
- Bharata (Bhagavata), son of Rishabha, the first Jain Tirthankar.
- Bhārata (भारत)
- Bharata Natyam, a classical dance form originating in Tamil Nadu, India
- Bharat Rakshak, defence-related website
- Bharat Stage emission standards established by the government of India
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Bharat.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.