||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: remove NPOV statements and non-encyclopedic material. (June 2014)|
|Elevation||248 m (814 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Bhawanipatna is the headquarter of the Kalahandi district. Bhawanipatna is a town of numerous temples dedicated to different deities of Hindu pantheon. It is named after the presiding deity, Bhawani-Shankar.
Bhawanipatna is located at  It has an average elevation of 248 m (814 ft)..
As of 2011[update] India census, Bhawanipatna had a population of 69,045. Males constitute 52% of the population and females 48%. Bhawanipatna has an average literacy rate of 75.88%, higher than the national average of 59.5%; with male literacy of 78% and female literacy of 61%. 12% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Current MLA from Bhawanipatna (SC) Assembly Constituency is Anam Naik of BJD, who won the seat in State election of 2014. Previous MLAs from this seat is Dusmanta Kumar Naik of INC, who won the seat in State election of 2009. Previous MLAs from this seat include Pradip Kumar Naik of BJP who won the seat in State elections of 2004 and also in 2000 and 1995, Ajit Das of JD who won this seat in 1990, Bhaktacharan Das of JNP in 1985, and Dayanidhi Naik who won this seat in 1980 as a candidate of INC(I) and as INC candidate in 1977.
Areas of Bhawanipatna
- Arkabahali Para
- Bad Para
- Bahadur Bagicha Para
- Bahadur Bagicha para
- Chanchra Pada
- Churi Hari Pada
- Dewansaheb para
- Dhoba Pada
- Godam Para
- Gosal Para
- Haati Saal Pada
- Halia Pada
- Hill Town
- Irrigation Colony
- Jore Pada
- kalimandir para
- Mahabir Para
- Mandar Bagicha Para
- Mukti Nagar
- Nityananda Nagar
- Nua Para
- Odia Bangti para
- Pardesi Para
- Purna Para
- Ram Nagar Para
- Ramsagar Para
- Sambhu Nagar
- Shakti Nagar
- Sitabordi para
- Statue Para
- Tarni Mandir Pada
- Telegu Bangti para
Phurli Jharan is one of the most famous tourist spots in Kalahandi, which is closer to Noamundi Bhawanipatna (around 17 km far).
- The famous Chhatra Yatra of Goddess Manikeswari of Bhawanipatna, a very famous and popular ceremony. (October)
- Dusahra (October)
- Nua Khai (September)
- Ratha Yatra (June–July)
- Kalhandi Utsav (Jan-Feb)
- Kartik Purnima (Nov-Dec)
- Diwali (November)
- Holi (March)
- Ramzan & Eid
- Christmas (December)
- Gurunanak Jayanti
- Khalsa's birthday
- Ganesh puja
- Biswakarma puja
- Rakshya Bandhan
- Ram Navami
- Lal Bahadur Sashtri Stadium is the biggest stadium in Odisha according to the total field area. The stadium has held various matches including the Ranji Trophy and the Kalahandi Cup.
- The Reserve Police Stadium is the home ground of the Odisha Police.
- The Govt. Autonomous College Field is one of the largest field present as compared to all others in Bhawanipatana.
- Bhawani Talkies
- Satyam Cinema
- Bhagirathi Park
- Govt. Autonomous College.
- Govt. Women's College
- Govt. Agriculture College
- Govt. Engineering College kalahandi
- Govt. Polytechnic kalahandi
- Govt. Industrial Trainning Institute (I.T.I)
- Kalahandi School of Engg & Technology
- Swagat I.T.I
- Kalahandi I.T.I
- Evening College.
- B.E.D College.
- Pragati Science College
- Saraswati Science College.
- Sardar Rajas Medical College, Hospital & Research Centre.
- Manikeswari High School.
- B.M High School
- Municipal High School
- Town High School.
- Govt. Girls High School
- Town Girls High School
- Police High School
- Saraswati Vidya Mandir(Braja Vihar)
- Saraswati Vidya Mandir(Balaji Vihar)
- Saraswati Vidya Mandir(Gokul Vihar)
- Vimala Convent School
- Hi-Tech Public School,Bhawanipatna
- Harvest Convent School
- Kendriya Vidyalaya, Bhawanipatna
- Sri Aurobindo Integral Education Centre
- Satya Sai VIdya Mandir.
- Citizens' Model English Medium Academy.
- Swami Vivekanand Public School
- Arkabahali Para U.G.M.E School
- Red cross school for the Blind,Paaramanandapur
- Red Cross School for the Deaf & Dumb,paramanandapur
- ABCS School
- SMI Concept School(CBSE)
- ABCS JUNIOR COLLEGE(+2 SCIENCE & COMMERCE)
- Shastriji Mahila Vidya Niketan(+2 Science college)
- Shastriji Shiksha Niketan
- Shastriji Model school(CBSE)
- MIIT BHAWANIPATNA,(PGDCA,DCA,TALLY,etc)
- SINAI INSTITUTE(+2 & HIGH SCHOOL)
- FR COMMERCE ACADEMY(+2 Commerce,B.Com,CA-CPT,INTER)
- District Headquarter Hospital
- Life Worth Hospital
- Police Hospital
A new railway station for Bhawanipatna has been opened for service and was inaugurated on 11 Aug 2012. Luxury night buses are available to Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Mahasamund and Raipur from Bhawanipatna. Newly added taxi facility and auto facility through out Bhawanipatna and villages nearer to it, is adding an advantage to the transport facility.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Bhawanipatna
- "Census of India 2011: Data from the 2011 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "State Elections 2004 - Partywise Comparison for 99-Bhawanipatna Constituency of Odisha". Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2008-09-26.
- "Assembly Constituencies - Corresponding Districts and Parliamentary Constituencies of Odisha". Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2008-09-26.
- "Detailed Profile - Shri Arka Keshari Singhdeo - Members of Parliament (Lok Sabha) - Who's Who - Government: National Portal of India". india.gov.in. 2005. Retrieved 14 May 2012. "1990-1991: Union Minister of State, Railways"
- "Kalahandi | Odisha Lok Sabha Constituency Elections Results 2009 Kalahandi | Odisha MP Elections Results Kalahandi 2009 | Candidate of Kalahandi Lok Sabha". indiaelections.co.in. 2012. Retrieved 14 May 2012. "Updated Election Results Details of Kalahandi"
- News, Express. "Bhawanipatna railway station opens". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 2013-05-22.
- "East Coast Railway". Eastcoastrail.indianrailways.gov.in. 2012-08-11. Retrieved 2013-05-22.