Bhekasana (Sanskrit: भेकासन; IAST: Bhekāsana), Mandukasana, or Frog posture is an asana.
The name comes from the Sanskrit words Bheka (भेका, bheka) meaning "frog", and asana (आसन) meaning "posture" since the asana resembles a frog.
Benefits and Risks
- Though prolonged practice can cure flat feet.
- Relieves pain in the heels due to calcaneal spurs and in knees due to gout
- Stretches ankles, thighs and groins, abdomen and chest, and throat, and deep hip flexors (psoas)
- Strengthens the back muscles
- Improves posture
- Stimulates the organs of the abdomen
- Awakens the kundalini