Location of Bhola in Bangladesh
|• Total||3,403.48 km2 (1,314.09 sq mi)|
|Population (2011 Census)|
|• Density||520/km2 (1,400/sq mi)|
|• Total||29.47% (1991)|
|Time zone||BST (UTC+6)|
|• Summer (DST)||BDST (UTC+7)|
Bhola District (Bengali: ভোলা) is an administrative district (zila) in south-western Bangladesh, which includes Bhola Island, the largest island of Bangladesh. It is located in the Barisal Division and has an area of 3,403.48 km². It is bounded by Lakshmipur and Barisal Districts to the north, the Bay of Bengal to the south, by Lakshmipur and Noakhali districts, the (lower) Meghna river and Shahbazpur Channel to the east, and by Patuakhali District and the Tetulia river to the west. About 400 mmcf natural gas has been found at Kachia in Bhola which is being used to run a power station.
Bhola district comprises the following upazilas:
- Bhola Sadar Upazila
- Burhanuddin Upazila
- Char Fasson Upazila
- Daulatkhan Upazila
- Lalmohan Upazila
- Manpura Upazila
- Tazumuddin Upazila
Administrator of Zila Porishod: Abdul Momin (Tulu) 
Deputy Commissioner (DC): Khondokar Mostafizur Rahman 
- Bhola Govt. High School
- Bhola Govt. College
- Bhola Girls High School
- Govt. Fazilatunnesa Women's College
- Dhaligour Nagar High School
- Charfassion Govt. College.
* Mofizabad F.H Secondary School,Charfassion
Places of interest
- Central Saheed Minar
- Kobi Mozammel Haque Town Hall
- Bhola Shishu Park
- (কাঠালী দফাদার বাড়ি) Kathali Dafader Bari, Sadar, Bhola.
- Kutuba Mia Bari, Burhanuddin, Bhola.
- Bhola Bus Stand
- Monpura (Natural scenery)
- Dhal Char
- বোরহানুদ্দিন আব্দুল জব্বার কলেজ (Bhurhanuddin Abdul Jabbar College)
*বোরহানউদ্দিন মহিলা কলেজ (Burhanuddin Mahila College)
*মেঘনার পাড় (Bank of Meghna)
* চর কুকরি-মুকরি (Char Kukri-Mukri) *শাহবাজপুর গ্যাস ফিল্ড (Shahbajpur Gas Field)
The district of Bhola consists 3083 mosques, 15 temples and a Buddhist temple.
Members of ninth Jatiyo Sangshad (2009 - )
- http://www.amardesh.com/zilla_bhola.php, Retrieved on 24-02-2011.
|This Barisal Division location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|