|• Official||Hindi, Santali|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|PIN||828104 and 828105( D Block) |
|Vehicle registration||JH-10 and BR-10 (Before Nov 2000)|
Bhuli is a census town in Dhanbad district in the state of Jharkhand, India. It is the largest labour colony in Asia. Town is managed by Bharat Coking Coal Limited(BCCL). Majority of the population works in BCCL. There are more than 6,000 BCCL quarters. Maintenance work of quarters and road is undertaken by BTA, Bhuli.
Bhuli township was constructed in 1951 by The Coal Mines Welfare Organisation (CMWO) under the Ministry of Labour to provide housing facilities to miners. Bhuli is divided into are 5 blocks. Initially it consist only three blocks and was under the management of Coal Mines Labour Welfare Organization of the Central Government. These three blocks were transferred to BCCL in 1986. Two new blocks were constructed in 1978 directly under the control of BCCL.
As of 2001[update] India census, Bhuli had a population of 89,584. Males constitute 54% of the population and females 46%. Bhuli has an average literacy rate of 63%, higher than the national average of 59.5%; with male literacy of 71% and female literacy of 55%. 15% of the population is under 6 years of age.
There are three main markets in the township. These are D-Block Market (D-Block), New Market (E-Block) and Shakti Market(D- Block Road)and Sibu market-Shyam nagar
Hospitals & Banks
There are two regional Hospital of BCCL in C- Block and D- Block for free health check-up (for BCCL employees and dependents) and other private Hospital in Bhuli D Block shakti market. Bhuli has a branch of the Bank of India and a branch of UCO Bank. Apart from that ICICI Bank, AXIS Bank, Bank of India and State Bank of India have ATMs in Bhuli.
Bhulli witness a religious harmony among Hindus and Muslims. The tradition of celebrating Durga Puja was started by a Muslim man Md Faiz. Similarly a tradition to celebrate Muharram was started by a Hindu man Sudhir Mukherjee. Residents claim that Bhuli has never witnessed any communal problems since 1949.
- "Indiapost". Pinsearch. Retrieved 1 October 2011.
- "Hindu, Muslim bhai bhai here". Hindustan Tiimes. October 12, 2007. Retrieved 10 May 2013.
- MUKHERJEE, RESHAM (October 19, 2007). "Inter-religious bonhomie at its best - Hindus & muslims partake in each other’s ceremonies". The Telegraph. Retrieved 1 October 2011.
- BK, Chakravarty (1994 May;92(5):147). "An up-to-date assessment of maternity care programme in the largest miners' colony in Asia.". Retrieved 1 October 2011.
- "Quotation Notice". BCCL. Retrieved 10 May 2013.
- "Bhuli vows to fight evictions". The Telegraph. April 15, 2011. Retrieved 10 May 2013.
- "BCCL forced to stop survey at Bhuli township". The Times of India. Sep 27, 2004. Retrieved 10 May 2013.
- "Employers In Relation To The ... vs Presiding Officer, Central ... on 23 December, 2003". Indian Kanoon. Retrieved 10 May 2013.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "Details of BANK OF INDIA, BHULI". Retrieved 10 May 2013.
- "Details of UCO BANK, BHULI". Retrieved 10 May 2013.
- Bhuli Railway Station (BHN)
- "Muslims organise Durga Puja in Ranchi". DNA India. Oct 14, 2007. Retrieved 10 May 2013.