भुंतर हवाई अड्डे
|IATA: KUU – ICAO: VIBR
|Owner||Government of India|
|Operator||Airports Authority of India|
|Location||Bhuntar, Himachal Pradesh, India|
|Elevation AMSL||3,573 ft / 1,089 m|
Bhuntar is considered a challenging airport for pilots because of its single runway set in a deep valley whose peaks rise several thousand feet higher than the runway. Also, the airport is located on the banks of the river Beas, and in 1995, its flash floods posed a threat to the runway. The new air terminal at Bhuntar was inaugurated in 2008, and the airport apron enlarged to park two aircraft at a time. Kingfisher Airlines ceased operations in September 2012 while Air India Regional resumed its operations to Kullu in May 2013.Himalayan Bulls in collaboration with Deccan Charters has commenced Kullu-Chandigarh-Kullu flights thrice a day from 2 April 2014.
In order to strengthen air connectivity in the state, the Himachal Pradesh Government plans to upgrade the airport. The Indian Institute of Technology, (IIT) Roorkee has prepared a detailed feasibility report for expanding the airport runway by 550 metres at a cost of Rs. 248 crore. The Airports Authority of India (AAI), which operates the airport, has planned an extension of another 60 metres. http://www.tribuneindia.com/2014/20140310/himachal.htm#6 Himalayan Bulls
Airlines and destinations
|Air India Regional||Delhi|
|Deccan Charters with Himalayan Bulls||Chandigarh|
|Jagson Airlines||Chandigarh, Delhi, Dharamshala, Kolkata|
- "Flight to safety". The Indian Express. 20 June 2010. Retrieved 18 April 2012.
- "Kingfisher shuts down operation in Himachal". Hindustan Times. 30 September 2012. Retrieved 24 October 2012.
- "Air India to start flights to Dharamsala, Kullu today". The Indian Express. 15 May 2013. Retrieved 13 June 2013.
- "Himachal keen to expand airports". Zeenews.india.com. 6 April 2012. Retrieved 18 April 2012.
- "Jagson Airline's flight route". AirFlights.TO. Retrieved 8 July 2014.
- Himalayan Bulls 
- Airport information for VIBR at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.
- Accident history for KUU at Aviation Safety Network
- Kullu Manali Airport at Airports Authority of India web site