|Regions with significant populations|
|Related ethnic groups|
|Rind (Baloch tribe) • Leghari• Talpur • Jatoi (Baloch tribe) * other Baloch people & Sindhi people|
The surname "Bhurgri" is derived from a place named Bhurgarh in Dera Ghazi Khan Punjab. Bhurgri tribe said to be originated from Choti Zareen the ancestral town of the Balochi Aliani clan. The well-known Leghari and other Balochi tribes are still located in the Dera Ghazi Khan District of Southern Punjab, Pakistan.
The Talpur Alias Mirs of Sindh, actually migrated to Sindh from Choti Zareen. They migrated to Sindh at the invitation of the Kalhora rulers then to assist them in their defense matters and they performed their role as the ARMY Of Sindh, accompanied by many other Baloch tribes like the Bhurgri, Jatoi, Leghari, Changwani, Amdani, Birmani, Lashari and Khosa and other tribes.
The Talpurs later on went to Rule over Sindh entirely.
A segment of the Bhurgri tribe migrated to Sindh on the invitation of the Talpur rulers, they were accompanied mainly by Leghari and other Baloch tribes. The Bhurgri tribe in Sindh is settled in Mirpurkhas, Hyderabad, Dadu, Nawabshah, Badin, and Larkana Districts, and in Punjab is settled in Dera Gazi Khan District.
Distinguished and Eminent Personalities
- Raees Ghulam Muhammad Khan Bhurgri (Barrister),(1878-1924) One of the Pioneers of Freedom Movement of PAKISTAN.
- Abdul Ghafoor Bhurgri,(Jan 1st 1921 - Feb 10th 2015) Former Provincial Revenue & Culture Minister Sindh, EX- MPA, Writer, Senior Lawyer, Father of Hero of Sindhi Computing (Abdul Majid Bhurgri).
- Raees Khair Mohammad Khan Bhurgri, EX- MPA, Renowned Land Lord in Sindh.
- Raees Jameel Ahmed Bhurgri MPA Sindh Assembly 
- Zahid Hussain Bhurgri, Progressive Agriculturist - Landlord of Sindh, Senior Member of Sindh Chamber of Agriculture, Member Nara Canal Area Water Board Mirpurkhas & Sindh Irrigation Board Member
- Zahid Ali Bhurgri, EX- MPA, Sindh & Former Provincial Minister for Fisheries.
- Akhtar Inayat Bhurgri, Additional Secretary Rehabilitation Department Sindh, former secretary Sindh Public Service Commission, former secretary Sindhi Language Authority.
- Abdul Hamid Bhurgri, Additional Advocate General Sindh High Court, Chairman Law Colleges Shah Abdul Latif University and former President District Bar Larkana.
- Inayatullah Bhurgri,Former Executive Engineer, Mirpurkhas Land Lord
- Dr. Abdul Jalil Bhurgri
- Fahad Zahid Bhurgri, Manager Human Resources & Development Sindh Irrigation - SIDA, Government of Sindh, Progressive Landlord of Naukot, Sindh Pakistan
Places Named After Members
- Kot Ghulam Muhammad named after Ghulam Muhammad Bhurgri.
- Bhurgri Railway Station, situated in Village Ghulam Nabi Bhurgri, Shahdadkot, Qamber Shahdadkot District in Sindh.
- Masu Bhurgri
- Bhurgri Hospital, Matli District Badin
- Union Coincil Dengan Bhurgri, Kot Ghulam Muhammad Mirpurkhas
- Former Union Council Ghous Bux Bhurgri, Kot Ghulam Muhammad Mirpurkhas
- Kot Zahid Hussain Bhurgari, Village Zahid Hussain Bhurgari, Naukot Sindh Pakistan
- " Bhurgari\" is derived from a place named Bhurgarh
- Pioneers of Freedom
- Freedom Fighter
- First person to develop Sindhi Computing Solution
- Majid Bhurgri a Hero of Sindh and Sindhi computing
- EX- MPA Sindh Assembly
- EX- MPA Sindh Assembly
- MPA, Sindh Assembly
- Additional Advocate General, Sindh High Court