27 November 1977 |
|Occupation||CMD, Super Cassettes Industries Limited|
|Years active||1998 – till present|
|Spouse(s)||Divya Khosla Kumar|
Bhushan Kumar (born 27 November 1977) is a music and film producer from India.
Kumar is Chairman and Managing Director of Super Cassettes Industries Limited, known as T-Series. Post the success of Ready, Bhushan Kumar ventured into film production, releasing Nautanki Saala and Aashiqui 2.
Bhushan Kumar was born in Delhi to the founder of T-Series, owner Gulshan Kumar and Sudesh Kumari.
Kumar married Divya Khosla Kumar in February 2005 at the Maa Vaishno Devi shrine in Katra. They have a baby boy  His wife recently debuted as director for a college romance movie called ‘Yaariyan’ that released in 2014.
Kumar took control of music company T-Series in 1997 after the death of his father Gulshan Kumar. He went on to become the Chairman and Managing Director of this number one music company in India.
As Managing Director, Kumar diversified the company's business into electronics, CDs, audio/video tapes and cassettes, and film production. For tis and for popularising Indian music overseas, he was honoured by the Government of India's Electronics and Software Export Promotion Council.
Kumar created a niche in the music market by acquiring the soundtracks  of movies like the very recent Yeh Jawaani hai Deewani, OUATIMD, Chennai Express, Satyagraha, Lootera, Dabangg 2, Talaash, Son of Sardaar, Cocktail, Jism 2, Desi Boyz, Ra.One, Raaz 3, Kya Super Kool Hai, Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu, The Dirty Picture, Bodyguard, Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara, Ready, Tanu Weds Manu to the older ones like Paa, Guzaarish, Fashion, Dabangg, Anjana Anjani, Pyaar Ke Side Effects, Om Shanti Om, Jab We Met and Don. His endeavor into Hindi movie and music industry has been the centre of attention along with his regular production of Devotional albums.
Today the music company has ventured into not only acquiring soundtracks but also in new media like mobile, on-line digital, IPTV, FM & Satellite Radio along with producing movies.
Bhushan Kumar has enabled Bollywood music reach 24 countries over 5 continents by successfully distributing in the international mainstream market of the West. He has promoted new talent such as Mithoon, Himesh Reshammiya and Fakir.
After firming his company's presence in the music market, Bhushan Kumar ventured out in making films.
Like his father, Gulshan who gave hits like Aashiqui, Bhushan Kumar got on to make successful films like Tum Bin, Bhool Bhulaiyaa, Patiala House, Ready and Lucky: No Time for Love. He has already announced 4 films to be released in 2013 and few more to go on floors the same year.
Bhushan Kumar donned the producer’s cap in 2001 and released Tum Bin. A movie that ran successfully marked the debut of the lead star cast along with the film’s director Anubhav Sinha.
Bhushan Kumar announced the successful franchise movie Aashiqui coming back as Aashiqui 2  released on 26 April 2013 while Nautanki Saala  was released on 12 April 2013. Aashiqui 2 proved to be a turning point for Bhushan's production house as it was considered to be one of the biggest blockbuster of 2013. He has I Love New Year with Sunny Deol and Kangana Ranaut which is 95% complete releasing in 2013.
Bhushan's upcoming projects are movies like ‘Yaariyan’, a youth based film that will take you to the journey of your college and adolescent years, which is helmed by Bhushan’s wife Divya Khosla Kumar with an entirely new star cast. With Divya’s film on friendship, Bhushan will revive B R Chopra films are producing ‘Bhoothnath 2’ to release on 11 April 2014 with Amitabh Bachchan reviving his role as the friendly ghost also starring Boman Irani. He has entered the forte of sci-fi thriller with ‘Creature 3D’ starring Bipasha Basu and Imran Abbas directed by Vikram Bhatt releasing on 30 May 2014. He is also releasing on 20 June 2014 a romantic-action-drama with Ranbir Kapoor playing the title role of ‘Roy’ along with Arjun Rampal as a writer and Jacqueline Fernandez. Yet another film to release on 11 July 2014 is ‘Umesh Shukla’s untitled’ is a social drama with lots of humor that speaks about father-son relationship with Abhishek Bachchan in the lead and Rishi Kapoor as his father.
|2001||Tum Bin||Yes||First Film As Producer|
|2005||Lucky: No Time for Love||Yes|
|2015||All is Well||Yes|
|2015||102 Not Out||Yes|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bhushan Kumar.|
- Kumar, Bhushan (27 November 2012). "Bhushan Kumar to have a working 35th birthday". Bollywood Hungama.
- Ready (6 June 2011). "Bhushan Kumar's Ready biggest non festive grosser of 2011". Glamsham.
- Marriage (1 March 2005). "Bhushan Kumar marries Divya Khosla". Indiaglitz.
- Son (14 October 2011). "Bhushan Kumar blessed with a baby boy". Bollywood Hungama.
- First Birthday (11 October 2012). "Bhushan Kumar's son's first birthday". Bollywood Hungama.
- Divya Kumar (8 April 2012). "Divya Kumar to focus on new penchant". The Times Of India.
- Kumar, Bhushan (14 September 2012). "New Direction". Screen India.
- Kumar, Bhushan (17 September 2012). "Music will always be the soul of a film: Bhushan Kumar". DNA.
- Independence day song (16 August 2012). "T-Series gets spontaneously patriotic with I-Day album". Radioandmusic.
- Salman Khan Mashup. "T-Series celebrates Salman khan!". Glamsham.
- Dabangg 2 (19 November 2012). "Salman performs intrinsic moves in song 'Pandeyjee Seeti Maare'". Glamsham.
- Talaash Music release (18 October 2012). "Audio Release of Talaash". Bollywood Hungama.
- SOS (16 October 2012). "Salman Khan's 'Po Po' song teaser from SON OF SARDAAR out". Glamsham.
- Mithoon (21 November 2012). "T-Series ropes in Mithoon for 3-film deal". Bollywood Hungama.
- Aashiqui 2 (11 June 2012). "T-Series & Vishesh Films' AASHIQUI 2 to release in December 2012". Bollywood Trade.
- Nautanki Saala (13 July 2012). "Bhushan Kumar to co-produce Rohan Sippy’s next". Screen India.
- I Love New York (22 February 2012). "Sunny Deol To Romance Kangana Ranaut in I <3 NY". Box Office India.
- Madhur Bhandarkar (7 November 2012). "Madhur Bhandarkar to direct film for T-Series". Bollywood Hungama.
- Milan Untitled (22 June 2012). "Saif in a T-Series film to be directed by Milan Luthria". Screen India.