||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2014)|
Golodryga in 2010
June 15, 1978 |
|Alma mater||University of Texas at Austin|
|Spouse(s)||Peter R. Orszag (m. 2010)|
|Children||Jake Spencer Orszag|
Early life and education
Golodryga was born in 1978 to a working class Jewish family in Moldavian SSR. In 1980, her family moved to Houston, Texas. She is a graduate of the University of Texas at Austin, with a degree in Russian/East European & Eurasian studies and a minor in economics. She is fluent in Russian.
Golodryga began her career in television as a producer at CNBC before becoming an on-air correspondent there. Prior to CNBC, she worked in the financial services industry. In 2004, Golodryga was named one of the top journalists under the age of 30. She was a correspondent for ABC between 2007 and 2010, and was named the new co-anchor of the weekend edition of Good Morning America in May 2010, following the departure of former co-anchor Kate Snow, who went to work for NBC. She served as weekend co-anchor of Good Morning America until August 4, 2014, when she departed for Yahoo.
On September 26, 2010, she married Peter R. Orszag, who is of Hungarian Jewish descent, the former Director of the Office of Management and Budget for the Obama Administration. They have one son, Jake Spencer Orszag.
- Mirkinson, Jack (2010-09-28). "Bianna Golodryga, Peter Orszag Get Married". Huffingtonpost.com. Retrieved 2010-11-27.
- "Bianna Golodryga Leaving ABC To Join Yahoo News". The New York Times. July 18, 2014.
- The Jewish Week: "Tim Boxer At Jewish Women's Foundation" May 17, 2012
- New York Times: "Peter Orszag to Wed ABC News Reporter" By JACKIE CALMES December 28, 2009 \"'She’s a Russian Jew,' he said, 'who gets up earlier than I do.'"
- "Bianna Golodryga Biography: Anchor, 'Good Morning America' Weekend Edition; ABC News' Business Correspondent". Abcnews.go.com. Retrieved 2010-11-27.
- "30 Under 30 Past Classes". Newsbios.com. 2010-02-12. Archived from the original on 26 November 2010. Retrieved 2010-11-27.
- "Yahoo Hires ABC ‘Good Morning America’ Weekend Anchor Bianna Golodryga". Variety. July 18, 2014.
- Bianna Golodryga gives birth