Bibbe Hansen (born 1952) is a performance artist, musician, and actress.
Hansen's parents were bohemian poet Audrey Ostlin Hansen and Fluxus artist Al Hansen, a particpant in the Andy Warhol Factory. Hansen is half Norwegian (from her father's side), a quarter Jewish, and a quarter Swedish. Her stepfather was Jimmy Shapiro. She is the mother of three children, Beck Hansen, Channing Hansen and Rain Whittaker, a pop musician, artist and poet respectively. Hansen delivered her future daughter-in-law, Marissa Ribisi, and Marissa's twin brother, Giovanni, when they were born.
As a teenager in the mid-1960s, Hansen appeared with Edie Sedgwick in Warhol's film Prison. She also appeared in Warhol's Restaurant, 10 Beautiful Girls, 10 More Beautiful Girls, and one of Warhol's Screen Tests . Her most recent acting appearance was in a 1999 short film, The White to Be Angry.
In 1964, Hansen recorded an album on Laurie Records with Jan Kerouac in a band called The Whippets. From 1990 through 1995, Hansen operated the Troy Café in Los Angeles with her husband, Sean Carrillo, and performed with singer, drag queen, and performance artist Vaginal Davis. She and Davis went on to form the satirical band Black Fag, named after, and poking fun at, the famous punk band Black Flag
- Davis, Vaginal (1999). "Bibbe Hansen, 1999". Indexmagazine.com. Archived from the original on 8 March 2007. Retrieved 2007-03-04.
- "Scientologists Beck & Marissa Ribisi had their second child, daughter Tuesday in June 2007". Celebrific.
- Kern, Lauren (2004-05-03), "Andy's Baby: A Warhol screen-test subject watches her celluloid debut for the first time.", New York Magazine
- Info at imdb.com
- "Music - The Whippets". BBC. 2009-03-15. Retrieved 2010-09-22.
- "Index Magazine". Index Magazine. Archived from the original on 26 September 2010. Retrieved 2010-09-22.
- Official website
- Bibbe Hansen at the Internet Movie Database
- Web page documenting Hansen's Warhol days
|This article about an American film and television actor is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|