Bible Society of India Andhra Pradesh Auxiliary
|Bible Society of India Andhra Pradesh Auxiliary|
|Location||Secunderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India|
|Affiliations||Bible Society of India|
In the Annual report of the British & Foreign Bible Society John Hay had undertaken the revision of the Telugu Bible (of Lyman Jewett?). In the same report, mention was made of the Secunderabad Branch.
In 1953, the Telugu Bible was revised from earlier version which had been translated by John Hay, Edward Pritchett, John Smith Wardlaw (1813-), James William Gordon, John Redmond Bacon and Dhanavada Anantam.
Modern translations of the Telugu Bible in common language were taken up by Victor Premasagar and G. Babu Rao.
A Living Bible in Telugu was also proposed as early as 1980
- Prema Sakshi, Volume 6, Issue 4, August 2008. pp.11-41. Prema Sakshi, a monthly registered (APTEL 07419/01/2002) magazine published by I. C. Ashok Kumar at Neena Publications, Door Number 1-5-4/1/A, First Floor, Behind Sai Raja Deluxe Cinema, Musheerabad, Hyderabad 500 048.
- Annual report of the British & Foreign Bible Society, British and Foreign Bible Society, Printed for the Society by J. Tilling, 1867. 
- Howard Benjamin Grose, Missions: an international Baptist magazine, , Volume 9, 1918. 
- Arrived in India, November 17, 1811
- John Hay, Edward Pritchett, John Smith Wardlaw, John Redmond Bacon, Dhanavada Anantam, The Holy Bible containing the Old and New Testaments: translated into the Telugu language (with references), under the auspices of the British and Foreign Bible Society, Bible Society of India, Pakistan and Ceylon, Secunderabad Auxiliary, 1953. 
- Roger E. Hudlund, World Christianity: South Asia, Volume 3 of World Christianity, Missions Advanced Research and Communication Center, Missions Advanced Research and Communication Center, 1980. p.60. 
- Further reading
- I. C. Ashok Kumar (August 2008). Prema Sakshi 6 (4).
- The Encyclopaedia of Missions. 1891.