This is a bibliography of works by the English novelist and essayist Virginia Woolf.
Short fiction 
Short stories 
- "Phyllis and Rosamond"
- "The Mysterious Case of Miss V."
- "The Journal of Mistress Joan Martyn"
- "A Dialogue upon Mount Pentelicus"
- "Memoirs of a Novelist"
- "The Mark on the Wall" (1917)
- "Kew Gardens" (1919)
- "The Evening Party"
- "Solid Objects" (1920)
- "Sympathy" (1921)
- "An Unwritten Novel" (1920)
- "A Haunted House" (1921)
- "A Society" (1921)
- "Monday or Tuesday" (1921)
- "The String Quartet" (1921)
- "Blue & Green" (1921)
- "A Woman's College from Outside" (1926)
- "In the Orchard" (1923)
- "Mrs Dalloway in Bond Street" (1923)
- "Nurse Lugton's Curtain"
- "The Widow and the Parrot: A True Story"
- "The New Dress" (1927)
- "The Introduction"
- "Together and Apart"
- "The Man who Loved his Kind"
- "A Simple Melody"
- "A Summing Up"
- "Moments of Being: ‘Slater's Pins have no Points’" (1928)
- "The Lady in the Looking-Glass" (1929)
- "The Fascination of the Pool"
- "Three Pictures"
- "Scenes from the Life of a British Naval Officer"
- "Miss Pryme"
- "Ode Written Partly in Prose"
- "Uncle Vanya"
- "The Duchess and the Jeweller" (1938)
- "The Shooting Party" (1938)
- "Lappin and Lappinova" (1939)
- "The Searchlight"
- "Gypsy, the Mongrel"
- "The Legacy"
- "The Symbol"
- "The Watering Place"
Short Fiction Collections 
Virginia Woolf published three books which she gave the subtitle "A Biography":
- Orlando: A Biography (1928, usually characterised Novel, inspired by the life of Vita Sackville-West)
- Flush: A Biography (1933, more explicitly cross-genre: fiction as "stream of consciousness" tale by Flush, a dog; non-fiction in the sense of telling the story of the owner of the dog, Elizabeth Barrett Browning)
- Roger Fry: A Biography (1940, usually characterised non-fiction, however: "[Woolf's] novelistic skills worked against her talent as a biographer, for her impressionistic observations jostled uncomfortably with the simultaneous need to marshal a multitude of facts.")
Book length essays 
Shorter Essays 
- 'The Common Reader'
- 'The Pastors and Chaucer'
- 'On not knowing Greek'
- 'The Elizabethan Lumber Room'
- 'Notes on an Elizabethan Play'
- 'The Duchess of Newcastle'
- 'Rambling round Evelyn'
- 'Lives of the Obscure - Taylors and Edgeworths'
- 'Lives of the Obscure - Laetitia Pilkington'
- 'Jane Austen'
- 'Modern Fiction (essay)'
- 'Jayne Eyre' and 'Wuthering Heights'
- 'George Eliot'
- 'The Russian Point of View'
- 'Outlines - Miss Mitford'
- 'Outlines - Bentley'
- 'Outlines - Lady Dorothy Nevill'
- 'Outlines - Archbishop Thomson'
- 'The Patron and the Crocus'
- 'The Modern Essay'
- 'Joseph Conrad'
- 'How it strikes a Contemporary'
- 'The Strange Elizabethans'
- 'Donne After Three Centuries'
- '"The Countess of Pembroke's Arcadia"'
- '"Robinson Crusoe"'
- 'Dorothy Osborne's "Letters"'
- 'Swift's "Journal of Stella"'
- 'The "Sentimental Journey"'
- 'Lord Chesterfield's Letters to his Son'
- 'Two Parsons: James Woodforde, John Skinner'
- 'Dr. Burney's Evening Party'
- 'Jack Mytton'
- 'De Quincey's Autobiography'
- 'Four Figures: Cowper and Lady Austen, Beau Brummell, Mary Wollstonecraft, Dorothy Wordsworth'
- 'William Hazlitt'
- 'Geraldine and Jane'
- '"Aurora Leigh"'
- 'The Niece of an Earl'
- 'George Gissing'
- 'The Novels of George Meredith'
- '"I am Christina Rossetti"'
- 'The Novels of Thomas Hardy'
- 'How Should One Read a Book?'
- 'The Death Of The Moth'
- 'Evening Over Sussex: Reflections in a Motor Car'
- 'Three Pictures'
- 'Old Mrs. Grey'
- 'Street Haunting: A London Adventure'
- '"Twelfth Night" at the Old Vic'
- 'Madame de Sévigné'
- 'The Humane Art'
- 'Two Antiquaries: Walpole and Cole'
- 'The Rev. William Cole: A Letter'
- 'The Historian and "The Gibbon"'
- 'Reflections at Sheffield Place'
- 'The Man at the Gate'
- 'Sara Coleridge'
- '"Not One Of Us"'
- 'Henry James'
- '1. Within the Rim'
- '2. The Old Order'
- '3. The Letters of Henry James'
- 'George Moore'
- 'The Novels of E. M. Forster'
- 'The Art of Biography'
- 'A Letter to a Young Poet'
- 'Professions for Women'
- 'Thoughts on Peace in an Air Raid'
- 'Oliver Goldsmith'
- 'White's Selborne'
- 'Life Itself'
- 'Selina Trimmer'
- 'The Captain's Death Bed'
- 'The Novels Of Turgenev'
- 'Half Of Thomas Hardy'
- 'Leslie Stephen'
- 'Mr. Conrad: A Conversation'
- 'The Cosmos'
- 'Walter Raleigh'
- 'Mr. Bennett And Mrs. Brown' (1924)
- 'All About Books'
- 'Modern Letters'
- 'The Cinema'
- 'Walter Sickert'
- 'Flying Over London'
- 'The Sun And The Fish'
- 'Thunder At Wembley'
- 'Memories Of A Working Women's Guild'
Essay collections 
- Modern Fiction (1919)
- The Common Reader (1925)
- The London Scene (1931)
- The Common Reader: Second Series (1932)
- The Death of the Moth and Other Essays (1942)
- The Moment and Other Essays (1947)
- The Captain's Death Bed And Other Essays (1950)
- Granite and Rainbow (1958)
- Collected Essays (four volumes, 1967)
- Books and Portraits (1978)
- Women And Writing (1979)
Autobiographical writings 
- Moments of Being (1976)
- The Platform of Time: Memoirs of Family and Friends, edited by S. P. Rosenbaum (London, Hesperus, 2007)
Diaries and journals 
- A Writer’s Diary (1953) - Extracts from the complete diary
- A Moment's Liberty: the shorter diary (1990)
- The Diary of Virginia Woolf (five volumes) - Diary of Virginia Woolf from 1915 to 1941
- Passionate Apprentice: The Early Journals, 1897-1909 (1990)
- Travels With Virginia Woolf (1993) - Greek travel diary of Virginia Woolf, edited by Jan Morris
- Congenial Spirits: the selected letters (1993)
- The Flight of the Mind: Letters of Virginia Woolf vol 1 1888 - 1912 (1975)
- The Question of Things Happening: Letters of Virginia Woolf vol 2 1913 - 1922 (1976)
- A Change of Perspective: Letters of Virginia Woolf vol 3 1923 - 1928 (1977)
- A Reflection of the Other Person: Letters of Virginia Woolf vol 4 1929 - 1931 (1978)
- The Sickle Side of the Moon: Letters of Virginia Woolf vol 5 1932 - 1935 (1979)
- Leave the Letters Till We're Dead: Letters of Virginia Woolf vol 6 1936 - 1941 (1980)
- Paper Darts: The Illustrated Letters of Virginia Woolf (1991)
Prefaces and contributions