|Born||Engelberto L. Rivera
March 25, 1974
|Men's ten-pin bowling|
|World Ten-pin Bowling Championships|
Engelberto "Biboy" Rivera,(born March 25, 1974) is a world-champion bowler from the Philippines. He has won the WTBA World Tenpin Bowling Championships in 2006 and the Asian Games gold medal for men's singles bowling in 2010. Rivera is also the recipient of the Philippine Sportwriters' Association (PSA) Athlete of the Year Award twice (in 2006 and 2011).
Career and Honors
Rivera won 10 championships from the Southeast Asian level up to the world stage culminating in his 2006 World Championships win. He has won a gold medal in the 2001 Southeast Asian Games in Kuala Lumpur and in the 2002 Asian Championships in Hong Kong, he teamed up with fellow Filipino Chester King to win the men's doubles gold. He is also a regular fixture at the Asian Bowling circuit culminating in a runner-up finish in the Grand Slam finals in 2009. Aside from his 2006 World Championship win, he has won runners-up finishes from the World Cup back in 2010 and 2011.
- "Perfect ending at Men's World Championships, Rivera shoots 300 to win Masters title".
- "Bowler Rivera wins first gold for PH in 16th Asian Games".
- "Biboy Rivera awarded as 2011 PSA Athlete of the Year award".
- "Filipinos bag Men's Doubles Gold, Korea 1-2 in the Women's Doubles".
- "ABF Tour - Tournament of Champions 2009".
- "Bowling de Provence in Toulon, France (Oct. 15-24, 2010)".
- "World Cup Results - Men's Top 8".