Valori and Gianrico Tedeschi on stage (1957)
13 May 1927|
|Died||17 May 1980
Bice Valori (13 May 1927 – 17 May 1980) was an Italian actress, comedian and television and radio personality.
Life and career
Born in Rome, Valori studied at the Silvio d’Amico Academy of Dramatic Arts, graduating in 1948. The same year, she entered the stage company of the Piccolo Teatro of Rome directed by Orazio Costa. After playing in several classics, Valori specialized as an apprecciated comedic actress, and had her main successes in the musical theatre genre, notably appearing in Rugantino and Aggiungi un posto a tavola. In films, she was a very active character actress, mainly cast in humorous roles. Valori appeared often on television, as a comedian, a presenter and an actress in series and TV-movies of some success. She also had a consistent success on radio, in which she created the character of "Sora Bice", a shrewish RAI telephone operator. Valori often shared the scene with her husband, the actor and comedian Paolo Panelli, whom she had married in 1952. Their daughter Alessandra is also an actress. Valori died in 1980, aged 53, as a result of a tumor.
- Toto the Third Man (1951)
- Il padrone del vapore (1951)
- My Heart Sings (1951)
- Sette ore di guai (1951)
- His Last Twelve Hours (1951)
- Inganno (1952)
- Siamo tutti inquilini (1953)
- Good Folk's Sunday (1953)
- Marriage (1954)
- The Belle of Rome (1955)
- Susanna Whipped Cream (1957)
- The Most Wonderful Moment (1957)
- Maid, Thief and Guard (1958)
- Guardatele ma non toccatele (1959)
- Il carro armato dell'8 settembre (1960)
- Ferragosto in bikini (1960)
- Hercules in the Valley of Woe (1961)
- 5 marines per 100 ragazze (1962)
- Amori pericolosi (1964)
- Le sedicenni (1965)
- Rita the Mosquito (1966)
- Be Sick... It's Free (1968)
- Enrico Lancia, Roberto Poppi. Dizionario del cinema italiano, Le Attrici. Gremese Editore, 2003. pp. 359–360. ISBN 888440214X.
- Aggeo Savioli (18 March 1980). "Una simpatica burbera dalla voce grossa e dal cuore d'oro". L'Unità. p. 9.
- e. b. (18 March 1980). "È morta Bice Valori; il teatro perde un volto della simpatia". La Stampa (61). p. 7.
|This article about an Italian actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|