2020 Winter Youth Olympics
The III Winter Youth Olympic Games will be the third edition of the Winter Youth Olympics; a major international multi-sport event and cultural festival for youths to be celebrated in 2020 in the tradition of the Olympic Games during the XXXII Olympiad. Bids are due by November 28, 2013, the Candidates Cites was selected on December 5, 2014 and the host city will be elected on July 31, 2015.
- June 6: IOC Invites NOCs to submit applications for 2020 Winter Youth Olympics 
- November 28: Deadline to Submit Bids to IOC
- December 12: Signature of YOG Candidature Procedure
- June 1-2: Video conferences between Candidate Cities and IOC Evaluation Commission
- July 31: Election of the Host City
Two cities have submitted their application to the International Olympic Committee by the November 28, 2013 deadline.
Lausanne confirmed their bid for the 2020 Winter Youth Olympics on July 12, 2013. Lausanne is where the International Olympic Committee is headquartered and is considered to be the Olympic capital. On December 12, 2013 Lausanne was signed Youth Olympic Game Candidature Procedure.
Brașov has officially submitted their bid for the 2020 Winter Youth Olympics in November, 2013. In early 2013, Brașov hosted the 2013 European Youth Olympic Winter Festival. On December 12, 2013 Brasov was signed Youth Olympic Game Candidature Procedure.
Other cities which had considered a bid
Sofia was going to bid for the 2016 Winter Youth Olympics but did not submit a bid citing that they did not fill the requirements set by the IOC. The Bulgarian Olympic Committee is interested in the city potentially bidding for the 2020 Winter Youth Olympics.
Lake Placid hosted the 1932 and 1980 Winter Olympics. Lake Placid was interested in bidding for the 2016 Winter Youth Olympics but opted to bid for 2020 instead. Lake Placid hosted the sixth IOC Athlete Career Program Forum from November 8 to November 11, 2012.
- IOC opens bids for 2022 Olympic Winter Games, YOG 2020 International Olympic Committee - 06/06/2013
- PDF - International Olympic Committee
- New horizons for Olympic Movement as Brasov and Lausanne bid for 2020 Winter Youth Olympic Games - International Olympic Committee - 27/11/2013
- Swiss President Maurer "very excited" about Youth Olympic bid as Lausanne launches official application
- IOC home city Lausanne competes with Brasov to host 2020 Winter Youth Olympic Games
- Unofficial Facebook page
- Sofia Out Of 2016 Youth Winter Games Bid
- Lake Placid Leaning towards 2020 Youth Games Bid
- Lake Placid, N.Y., selected to host 6th IOC Athlete Career Programme Forum in cooperation with Adecco
|Winter Youth Olympic Games