Biella San Paolo railway station
|Biella San Paolo|
|The passenger building.|
|Address||Piazza San Paolo
13900 Biella BI
|Distance||50.766 km (31.545 mi) from Novara|
|Opened||8 September 1856|
|Manager||Rete Ferroviaria Italiana
|Urban lines 1,2,4,4/
Suburban lines 18,19,20,57
Biella San Paolo railway station (Italian: Stazione di Biella San Paolo) is the main station serving the town and comune of Biella, in the Piedmont region, northwestern Italy. Opened in 1856, it is the junction of the Biella–Novara and Santhià–Biella railways.
The station is currently managed by Rete Ferroviaria Italiana (RFI). However, the commercial area of the passenger building is managed by Centostazioni. Train services are operated by Trenitalia. Each of these companies is a subsidiary of Ferrovie dello Stato (FS), Italy's state-owned rail company.
The station was opened on 8 September 1856, upon the inauguration of the Santhià–Biella railway.
Four tracks, three of which are equipped with platforms, pass through the station.
Recently, the station has been affected by modernization works for the deployment of an ACEI train control system, the lengthening of station platforms, and the construction of a 40 metres (130 ft) railway bridge serving tracks 2-3-4. About € 7 million was spent, jointly funded by RFI and the Region of Piedmont.
In September 2008, a local health unit analysis had revealed small amounts of asbestos, originating from Balangero in the 1970s, in some stones at the station, but this was though not to cause particular danger to the health of travelers and workers.
Passenger movements 
The station has about 1.2 million passenger movements each year.
- Santhià railway station, regional trains
- Novara railway station, regional trains
- Torino Porta Nuova railway station, regional train (weekdays only)
- Pavia railway station, regional train (out on Sunday evenings, back on Friday nights - service suspended during summer months)
- La Spezia Centrale railway station (service operated only in summer)
See also 
- History of rail transport in Italy
- List of railway stations in Piedmont
- Rail transport in Italy
- Railway stations in Italy
- Alessandro Tuzza and others. "Prospetto cronologico dei tratti di ferrovia aperti all'esercizio dal 1839 al 31 dicembre 1926" [Chronological overview of the features of the railways opened between 1839 and 31 December 1926]. Trenidicarta.it. Alessandro Tuzza. Retrieved 26 November 2010. (Italian)
- "Flussi Annui nelle 103 Stazioni" [Annual flows at the 103 stations]. Centostazioni website. Centostazioni. Retrieved 13 December 2010. (Italian)
Media related to Biella San Paolo railway station at Wikimedia Commons
This article is based upon a translation of the Italian language version as at December 2010.