Water tower in Bienville
|Elevation||243 ft (74.1 m)|
|Area||11.0 sq mi (28.5 km2)|
|- land||11.0 sq mi (28 km2)|
|- water||0.0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Density||7.6 / km2 (19.7 / sq mi)|
|- summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
There are seven cemeteries located near the village.
- Louisiana's 5th congressional district U.S. Representative Rodney Alexander of Jackson Parish was born in Bienville in 1946.
- Educator Stephen A. Caldwell, principally of Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge, was a Bienville native.
- Educator John Sherman Campbell (1897-1976) was the principal of Bienville High School from 1930 to 1935; the author of The Birds of Bienville Parish, a master's thesis through Louisiana State University, he later accepted a position with the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries
- The retired AFL player Charlie Hennigan was born in Bienville in 1935.
- Another Bienville native was the historian Garnie W. McGinty (1900–1984), of Louisiana Tech University in Ruston.
- E. R. Minchew, former Louisiana Tech speech professor, began his educational career as an assistant principal and coach at Bienville High School in the 1929-1930 academic year. From 1932-1964, he was the principal of Castor High School in Castor, another village in Bienville Parish.
Bienville is located near the center of Bienville Parish at (32.352635, -92.976816).
This climatic region is typified by large seasonal temperature differences, with warm to hot (and often humid) summers and cold (sometimes severely cold) winters. According to the Köppen Climate Classification system, Bienville has a humid subtropical climate, abbreviated "Cfa" on climate maps.
As of the census of 2000, there were 262 people, 115 households, and 70 families residing in the village. The population density was 23.8 inhabitants per square mile (9.2/km²). There were 158 housing units at an average density of 14.3 per square mile (5.5/km²). The racial makeup of the village was 56.49% White, 43.13% African American, and 0.38% from two or more races.
There were 115 households out of which 24.3% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 44.3% were married couples living together, 11.3% had a female householder with no husband present, and 38.3% were non-families. 38.3% of all households were made up of individuals and 21.7% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.28 and the average family size was 2.97.
In the village the population was spread out with 23.7% under the age of 18, 5.7% from 18 to 24, 22.5% from 25 to 44, 27.1% from 45 to 64, and 21.0% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 43 years. For every 100 females there were 97.0 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 88.7 males.
The median income for a household in the village was $20,227, and the median income for a family was $20,909. Males had a median income of $30,417 versus $17,143 for females. The per capita income for the village was $12,656. About 23.2% of families and 22.7% of the population were below the poverty line, including 28.8% of those under the age of eighteen and 22.5% of those sixty five or over.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Bienville village, Louisiana". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved December 2, 2013.
- "Campbell, John Sherman". lahistory.org. Retrieved June 16, 2014.
- "Dr. Elmer Reid Minchew," Shreveport Times, July 2, 2001, accessdate=December 2, 2010
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- Climate Summary for Bienville, Louisiana
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.