Big Bug Man
|This article's factual accuracy is disputed. (July 2008)|
|This article is outdated. (July 2008)|
|Big Bug Man|
|Directed by||Bob Bendetson
Peter Shin (animation Director)
Marice Tobias (voice director)
|Produced by||Stuart Black
|Written by||Bob Bendetson|
|Music by||Karyn Rachtman|
|Distributed by||Studio-Free Studio|
Big Bug Man was an American animated movie starring Brendan Fraser and Marlon Brando. The movie is a Studio-Free Studios Production, and it was originally supposed to release in 2006, 2007, and 2008, but there is now no news on its release or distribution. The movie is Marlon Brando's last known film work.
Candy company worker Howard Kind gains special abilities after being bitten by insects.
Brando was originally asked to be the voice of Nicholas Dunderbeck, but Brando thought it would be fun to voice the old lady Mrs. Sour instead.
Mrs. Sour is only in three scenes, so it took only one day to record the voice of this character. According to the director Bob Bendetson, Brando wore a blond wig, a dress, white gloves, and full makeup while recording the voice of Mrs. Sour. Bendetson believes this was part humorous, and part wanting to get into character. Bendetson said "About halfway through he took off the wig because he was getting too hot." According to the film's executive producer Gabriel Grunfeld, Brando described the part as "the most fun I've had since playing Julius Caesar." Grunfeld said that even though Brando was frail, he was full of energy and invention.
The recording took place in Marlon Brando's home, on June 10, 2004. Brando was on oxygen six hours a day. He died the next month, on July 1, 2004.
- Howard Kind (voiced by Brendan Fraser), a soft and unfortunate employee of the candy factory, who accidentally gets bitten by bugs, and becomes the Big Bug Man
- Mrs. Sour (voiced by Marlon Brando), the founder, leader and matriarch of the big and corrupt Mrs. Sour Candy Company
- Nicholas Dunderbeck - runs the Mrs. Sour Candy Company
- Elle Rose
- Sidney Looper
- Seen It All Jackson
- Heard It All Jackson - a dog
- "Big Bug Man (2008) - Full cast and crew". IMDb. Retrieved 2008-02-28.
- "Yogis for Kerry". LA Weekly. July 22, 2004. Retrieved 2008-02-28.
- "Big Bug Man - Bios Page". bigbugman.com. Archived from the original on 25 February 2008. Retrieved 2008-02-28.
- Thomas, Archie (July 8, 2004). "Brando's last role: an evil old lady". London: The Guardian. Retrieved 2008-02-28.
- "Brando's Last Role: An Old Lady". CBS News. July 14, 2004. Retrieved 2008-02-28.
- Current Projects, Patrick Durham Films