Big Flat, Arkansas
|Big Flat, Arkansas|
Location in Baxter County and the state of Arkansas
|• Total||1.1 sq mi (2.8 km2)|
|• Land||1.1 sq mi (2.8 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Elevation||1,237 ft (377 m)|
|• Density||94.5/sq mi (37.1/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||0076337|
Big Flat is located at (36.002846, -92.409396).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 2.8 km² (1.1 mi²). 2.8 km² (1.1 mi²) of it is land and 0.93% is water.
List Of Highways
As of the census of 2000, there were 104 people, 49 households, and 24 families residing in the town. The population density was 37.2/km² (96.6/mi²). There were 68 housing units at an average density of 24.3/km² (63.1/mi²). The racial makeup of the town was 100.00% White.
There were 49 households out of which 20.4% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 36.7% were married couples living together, 8.2% had a female householder with no husband present, and 49.0% were non-families. 44.9% of all households were made up of individuals and 28.6% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.12 and the average family size was 3.08.
In the town the population was spread out with 22.1% under the age of 18, 7.7% from 18 to 24, 23.1% from 25 to 44, 24.0% from 45 to 64, and 23.1% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 40 years. For every 100 females there were 116.7 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 113.2 males.
The median income for a household in the town was $21,094, and the median income for a family was $24,375. Males had a median income of $18,750 versus $61,250 for females. The per capita income for the town was $11,294. There were no families and 11.3% of the population living below the poverty line, including no under eighteens and 34.8% of those over 64.
- Robbie Branscum (1937—1997), writer of children's books and young adult fiction
- Map of Big Flat (US Census Bureau)
- Map of Baxter County (US Census Bureau)
- Map of Searcy County (US Census Bureau)
- Mountain View School District
- Baxter County Historical and Genealogical Society
- Searcy County Historical Society
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- US Census Bureau. School District Reference Map (2010 Census) Baxter County, AR (Map). http://www2.census.gov/geo/maps/dc10map/sch_dist/st05_ar/c05005_baxter/DC10SD_C05005_001.pdf. Retrieved 2011-07-12.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.