Big Hole Pass
|Big Hole Pass|
Big Hole Pass from Big Hole Valley, Idaho
|Elevation||7,057 ft (2,151 m)|
|Traversed by||Continental Divide Trail|
|Location||Beaverhead-Deerlodge National Forest, Beaverhead County, Montana|
|Topo map||USGS Big Hole Pass|
The Continental Divide Trail goes over this pass which is about 11 miles south southeast of the more famous Chief Joseph Pass. The Pass can be approached on a Forest Service road, Dahlonega Creek Road (079), from the west, or Forest Service Road #943 from Highway 43 from the east.
- Beaverhead-Deerlodge National Forest South map 2008 - US Dept. of Agriculture
- Montana & Idaho's Continental Divide Trail: The Official Guide (The Continental Divide Trail Series) by Lynna Howard and Leland Howard (Jul 31, 2000)
- "1806 Exploration Routes of Lewis & Clark". LewisAndClarkTrail.com. Retrieved 2013-12-01.
- "Big Hole Pass SCAN Web Camera". S-278 MP 32 - Elev 7400 SE - SCAN Web - Montana Department of Transportation. Retrieved 2013-12-01.
- "Big Hole Pass Map". SCAN Web 5.6 - Site Map, Montana Derpartment of Transportation. Retrieved 2013-12-01.