Big Machine Records
|Big Machine Records|
|Founded||September 1, 2005|
|Distributor(s)||Republic Records (in the US)
Universal Music Group (international)
|Country of origin||USA|
Big Machine Records is an independent American record label specializing in country music artists. It was launched in 2005 by former DreamWorks Records executive Scott Borchetta. The label was part of a joint venture between Borchetta and country singer Toby Keith, although Keith dropped his affiliation in 2006. Big Machine is based in Nashville, Tennessee, and is distributed by Republic Records (formerly Universal Republic Records until its demise) while Universal Music Group distributes its material internationally. The label has seven Grammy Awards, awarded to Taylor Swift.
In November 2007, Big Machine Records founded a subsidiary imprint called Valory Music Group. Acts signed to this roster include Jimmy Wayne (who was formerly signed to Big Machine), Jewel, The Mavericks, and Justin Moore. By late 2008, the label began promoting Canadian acts Adam Gregory and Emerson Drive, who are also signed to Midas Records. Big Machine ended promotion for the two artists in 2009. Reba McEntire joined Valory in 2009, in association with her own label, Starstruck.
Artists on Big Machine
- Ella Mae Bowen
- Garth Brooks (Big Machine/Pearl)
- Dusty Drake
- Edens Edge
- Adam Gregory (Big Machine/Midas/Open Road)
- Jack Ingram
- Kate & Kacey
- Danielle Peck
- Melissa Peterman
- Steel Magnolia
- Fisher Stevenson
- Jimmy Wayne
- Trisha Yearwood
Artists on Valory Music Co
Artists on Republic Nashville
- Stark, Phyllis (2006-03-11). "The Honeymoon's Hardly Over, but Show Dog and Big Machine split". Billboard.
- "Big Machine starts new label, signs Jewel, Jimmy Wayne, Justin Moore". Country Standard Time.com. 2007-11-02. Archived from the original on 11 November 2007. Retrieved 2007-11-08.
- Country Chart-Topping Emerson Drive Joins The Valory Music Co.[dead link]
- "New Nashville label starts with Sunny Sweeney aboard". Country Standard Time. 2009-06-05. Retrieved 2009-06-05.