Big Red Racing
|Big Red Racing|
|Developer(s)||Big Red Software|
Big Red Racing was planned for release on 6 different systems: DOS, PlayStation, Sega Saturn, 3DO, Nintendo 64, and Atari Jaguar, but the PlayStation, Sega Saturn, 3DO, Nintendo 64, and Atari Jaguar versions were cancelled.
Big Red Racing is a comical racing game. During the races, the commentators make humorous comments, stereotypically themed to the country they are from. When menu items are clicked, humorous phrases are played.
For the driver, the player can choose from a few different body shapes and change the colour of the clothes. For the vehicle, the player can change the colour and decal.
There are several different drivers for the player to choose from before the race. Two of these are Jake 'Bad' Jackson, and Derek 'Rabid Dog' Skimkins.
- United States(Wet & Wild): Water track
- U.S.A. (Excellent Adventure): City track
- Hawaii (Hawaii-5-O): Helicopter track
- Mexico (Margarita Meander): Dirt track
- Chile (Reservoir Dodge): Ruff track
- Italy (The Italian Job): City track
- France (French Frolics): Quarry track
- Spain (Spanish Inquisition): Rig track
- Germany (Sound of Munich): Helicopter track
- England (The Dirt Circle): Dirt track
- Scotland (Highland Fling): Snow track
- Ireland (Lucky Leprechauns): Rig track
- Norway (Fjord Escort): Helicopter track
- Russia (Lenin's Leap): Snow track
- Egypt (The Tomb): Quarry track
- Kenya (The Coffee Ground): Rig track
- Japan (Karma Corners): Dirt track
- China (Under The Bridge): Water track
- India (Hot Water Wander): Water track
- Australia (Road Rage): City track
- Arctic (Frosty's Revenge): Snow track
- Mars (Red Planet Roller Coaster): Planet track
- Venus (The Fly Trap): Planet track
- Moon (Lunar Loops): Planet track
There are 8 vehicle groups, each containing two vehicle types. Each course uses one of these groups.
- City, mini vehicles.
- (Failed) Prototype: Radar-Invisible Helicopter
- Trimmed-Down Pilot-Training Helicopter
- Planet, futuristic vehicles.
- Jet-Propelled Hover Vehicle
- All-Terrain Vehicle
- Snow Plough
- All-Terrain Miniature Snow Vehicle
- Quarry, quarry vehicles.
The theme song for the game is "Let it Roll", written and performed by Hangnail, which plays during the demo and menus. The racing, results and other music was composed by Gerard Gourley. All music, along with each course's intro, is played from the redbook audio portion of the CD-ROM.
- Big Red Software (18 March 1996). Big Red Racing (in English) DOS (v2.17R). Domark.